Library Associate 2 Job Systems amp Services Llc Moreno Valleyby admin on more than 30 days
Library Systems & Services Llc Recruitment 2020Description :
LOCATION: Moreno Valley, CAIris Plaza Branch
HOURS PER WEEK: 20
Library Systems & Services is seeking a part time, 20/hrs per week, Library Associate 2 at the Iris Plaza Branch Library, a new location to open in August 2020 within the Moreno Valley Public Library in Moreno Valley, California.
The city of Moreno Valley (population over 210,000) is a progressive and diverse city with a bright future. Strategically located in the western portion of Riverside County, Moreno Valley is about an hour’s drive east of Los Angeles, west of Palm Springs, and north of San Diego. While maintaining its friendly small-town attitude, the 50-square-mile community boasts big-city amenities including contemporary retail destinations and neighborhood shopping centers. The Iris Plaza Branch is tentatively scheduled to open in August, 2020.Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties at the library circulation (service) desk. Greets library patrons entering the library and provides them with excellent customer service
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
- Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
- Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
- Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
- Shelves library materials
- Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
- Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
- Operate and maintain Maker/STEAM equipment
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
- Other duties as assigned
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Two years of library experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Multilingual speaking a plus
- Familiarity with makerspaces and related technologies a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Library Systems & Services Llc on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.