Production Technician - Power Generation Plant Job Entergy Sterlingtonby admin on September 30, 2020
Entergy Recruitment 2020Description :
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of more than 30 owned, leased, or operated natural gas, coal, oil hydro and petroleum coke plants, with total engineering capacity of over 18,500 megawatts and is building or acquiring more than 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
** This position may be filled by a Production Technician III, II, or I based on the candidates experience and qualifications**
JOB SUMMARY/DESCRIPTION: Operate and maintain systems associated with a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) facility while demonstrating safety awareness and direction that will continuously improve performance by employees and contractors through the use and strict adherence to procedures and processes.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and be proactive in dealing with all agencies and avoid reportable violations
- Required participation in the multi-year Production Technician multi skill progression plan to develop key skills in maintenance and operations
- Upon completion the employee should have the desire, aptitude and ability to meet board operator qualification
- Conduct and participate in job briefings and safety meetings
- Be responsible for Contractor Safety and conduct Contractor Safety Orientations as needed
- Applies understanding and knowledge of plant systems, burner controls (where applicable), turbine controls, data acquisition, process controls, regulating devices, personal computers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Operational duties include, but not limited to, operating the control board, making operational rounds, performing PM/PDM activities, HRSG water chemistry, CEMS monitoring and calibrations
- Applies skills to perform inspections, calibrations, installations, repairs, diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of complex instrumentation equipment and regulating devices in a CCGT facility, alone and as part of a team
- Perform mechanical work involved in inspection, repair and installation of instrumentation and electrical equipment, and light PM of mechanical systems
- 2 Year Associate's Degree in Industrial Electronics, Instrumentation/Controls or Production/Process Technology or equivalent work experience
- PTECH III: 02 years’ experience in a CCGT facility in an Operations or Maintenance position; or 4 years of power plant operations/maintenance/electrical experience
- PTECH II – I: 2-5 years’ experience in a CCGT facility in an Operations or Maintenance position; or 5 years of power plant operations/maintenance/electrical experience.
- Must be good at communicating, both verbal and written, the results of evaluation of assignments to supervision
- Ability to interpret and comprehend P&ID's, electrical schematics, network diagrams and OEM manuals
- Successful completion of the EEI POSS/MASS
#LI-DNI Primary Location: Louisiana-Sterlington
Job Function: Power Plant Operations
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 100415
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.