Centrifuge Operator Job Valmont Industries Fort Meadeby admin on more than 30 days
Valmont Industries Jobs 2020Description :
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Centrifuge Operator is an Individual Contributor position that carries out the process of compacting the concrete mix by centrifuging in accordance with the technological instructions. The incumbent operates the centrifuge with technical competence, but must also work in cooperation with the mold filler operator and crane operators.
- Engage in set up and preparation of the mold for the centrifuge process
- Assess the correctness of concrete mixture density after the centrifuging process is completed
- Able to select the appropriate centrifuge program for the process
- Work in conjunction with the mold filler and crane operators
- High awareness for safety and the ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as exposure to outdoors
- Carry out the process of compacting the concrete mix by centrifuging in accordance with the technological instructions
- Use proper function of the pneumatic device to pump the "lime-cement" milk from the centrifuge
- Complies with the general OSHA and fire safety instructions
- Must maintain access to emergency stops and main switch of centrifuge
- Knowledge of the basic operating principles of the FPC system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with average lift at 30 lbs.
- Ability to read blue prints or plan specs
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of the centrifuge system
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of poles
- Knowledge of the centrifuge service
- Experience with or knowledgeable of pole production process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status . Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing of whole numbers. Must possess adequate communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with other employees. Must display an aptitude for problem solving and the ability to plan for potential problems or needs.
Job Training Skill Development
The Centrifuge Operator must demonstrate a minimum acceptable level of equipment specific knowledge within 6 months of on the job experience.
The Centrifuge Operator is responsible for judgment pertaining to running the centrifuge in a safe and effective manner. Independent judgment is required in this position, but the incumbent must also feel comfortable seeking direction from a supervisor.
The Centrifuge Operator spends the majority of a shift standing and walking. The incumbent also must be able to occasionally bend at the waist. The incumbent works with the centrifuge on a daily basis and may also work with smaller hand tools. The average weight lifted daily is 30 pounds.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected]
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Valmont Industries e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.