Emergency Department - CASE COORDINATOR (Weekend) Job Methodist Health System Dallasby admin on more than 30 days
Methodist Health System Recruitment 2020 - Methodist Health System give an opportunity to fill Emergency Department - CASE COORDINATOR - (Weekend) that will be placed in Dallas.
Methodist Health System Recruitment 2020Description :
The EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (ED) Case Coordinator will work Saturday, Sunday & Monday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm In conjunction with and in support of the physician-led multidisciplinary care team, assures the appropriate use of clinical resources to accomplish the optimal clinical outcomes. This is accomplished through use of medical staff or organizational accepted criteria for determining appropriateness for admission, level of care, and discharge, coordination of patient care through coaching and mentoring care givers, case managing selected cases and facilitating discharge/ transition planning.
Your Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Nursing with insurance or hospital case management experience will be considered.
- BSN preferred.
- Must have 2+ years of health care experience – minimum of 1 year in an acute care hospital.
- CCM in Case Management preferred. Licensed in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Acute hospital case management experience preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assures the appropriate application of internal and external utilization review for hospital patients while still in the Emergency Department.
- Proactively review ED patient census to anticipate potential admissions/ observation patients.
- Collaborate with the ED nursing and physician teams to obtain any missing information necessary to complete medical necessity review.
- Collaborate with ED physician and / or attending provider to provide guidance on appropriate status and level of care based on medical necessity criteria and organizational standards prior to IP admission or OBS placement and bed request.
- Ensure documentation in the medical record is adequate to support status and level of care and discuss with ED physician and/or admitting physician as necessary.
- Provide alternative to admission if appropriate. Goal should be to complete medical necessity screening and provide input to ED attending and/or admitting physician prior to admission order placement and bed request.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state, hospital and TJC guidelines relating to medical and utilization management and quality improvement.
- Assist with coordination of activities that promote quality outcomes, patient throughput in the ED and discharge planning while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Assist with identifying and making arrangements for discharge planning needs, including potential alternative settings other than acute admission when appropriate, for patients in the emergency department.
- Supports Medical Staff QA through report generation, data submission, and analysis of data.
Location: · CARE MANAGEMENT
Schedule: Weekender, Weekend, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.