PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST Job University of Washington Seattleby admin on September 19, 2020
University of Washington Recruitment 2021Description :
As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally and medically vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine.
At the UW Medicine Eye Institute at Harborview, our mission dovetails with our passion: to improve patients’ vision. We are exceptionally well-equipped for this mission, because our doctors are also our researchers — and research leads to great patient care.
The UW Medicine Eye Institute has an outstanding opportunity for a PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST 1-TRAINEE OR PSS 2 (Full-Time, Day Shifts). Under general supervision, the PSS coordinates clerical, financial, and support activities for patient care in the clinics. The PSS receives patients and their families to the clinic and facilitates contact between the patient/family and appropriate discipline. The PSS also participates in clinic and selected divisional activities to promote effective problem-solving and communication.
The Patient Services Specialist 1-Trainee will learn the duties below along with, UW and Harborview policies, procedures, and technology to perform the duties below. The Patient Services Specialist 2 is knowledgeable about the UW and Harborview policies, procedures and technology, and is able to independently perform the duties below.
- Greet patients and families.
- Ensure positive and professional first impression of the clinic.
- Maintain pleasant atmosphere of waiting areas.
- Coordinate clerical patient care activities and/or specialized technical duties unique to the assigned clinic to assure accurate and expedited patient check-in and discharge, including obtaining consents for care and referral information.
- Advocate for the patient/family by locating appropriate staff to address concerns.
- Provide telephone screening of patient medical problems and severity of condition.
- Triage patient telephone calls to clinical staff; obtain necessary information for the return call; initiate emergency procedure when necessary.
- Communicate various types of information to patients, referral agencies, departments, physicians and the community.
- Demonstrate proactive, professional communication across and within department to facilitate smooth workflow, and to ensure department is positively represented throughout the organization.
- Perform cashiering duties for patient co-payments, when appropriate.
Customer Service & Team Behaviors:
- Appropriately direct patients and others to other departments across the medical center.
- Arrange for patient transportation to outside facilities; request patient transportation within facility and escort patients to various treatment areas (if needed).
- Demonstrate an atmosphere/attitude of respect for human dignity and the uniqueness of each person encountered in the clinic setting.
- Greet patient and family with a smile; communicate pleasantly and in manner that optimizes patient privacy.
- Promote and protect general safety for patients/families/friends and co-workers through adherence to correct procedures, timely communication of messages and test results, and appropriate consultation.
- Act promptly and effectively during an emergency situation.
- Maintain/improve own professional competence, knowledge and skills to meet identified self-learning needs and annual review requirements.
- Apply appropriate policies, procedures, protocols, and standards of practice in performing duties.
- Support development of clinic and divisional efficiency and effectiveness through participation in quality assessment and improvement activities.
- Demonstrate support for clinic and divisional policies and procedures.
- Promote and contribute to the development of team in clinic and working relationships between the clinic and other departments/disciplines.
- Schedule appointments for patients and order interpreter when appropriate.
- Register patients; verify, collect, and update demographic and financial information and assign appropriate payer plans.
- Perform basic financial eligibility screening, verify patient’s health plan and primary care provider, and follow managed care protocols. Complete Medicare as a Secondary Payer form and obtain necessary signatures for consents.
- Facilitate patient check-in and check-out including all necessary patient paperwork.
- Process clinic charge documents to assure completion and accuracy within acceptable timeframe.
- Perform office tasks as needed including distribution of mail, creation of clinic-specific patient packets, and processing loose medical records papers.
- Maintain and use supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Respond to inquiries by the appropriate route (telephone, fax, or email) and route to the appropriate individual.
- Assist in orienting and training new staff.
- Perform related duties as required.
Patient Services Specialists are hired as either PSS 1-Trainee or PSS 2, depending on experience and qualifications. The requirements are:
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or [email protected]
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from University of Washington on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.