Field Service Technician Solar Division Job POWER ELECTRONICS Emporiaby admin on May 8, 2020
POWER ELECTRONICS Recruitment 2020Description :
Field Service Technician – Solar Division
Power Electronics is a Spanish multinational manufacturer of solar inverters (500KW to 3 MW) and heavy industrial equipment for Water, Gas and Mining industries. Founded in 1987, the company is a major force in the global market place with subsidiaries in over 30 countries and over 1,000 employees worldwide. At Power Electronics, we believe in a customer-oriented focus and understand a strong service organization is critical to retain customers. Power Electronics service philosophy is a key element to our continued success.
Power Electronics is currently seeking for Field Service Technicians to join our Service department in the United States. Power Electronics is ramping up projects in the Emporia, VA area and looking for candidates who reside or willing to relocate to this target growth area.
Power Electronics US operations are based in Phoenix, successful candidates will attend paid training in Phoenix.
The field solar technician will work with service managers to troubleshoot and repair PV inverters, commission new equipment, and increase Power Electronics customer satisfaction through quality service and professional behavior.
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Primary functions and responsibilities
· Commission, troubleshoot, repair and analyze Power Electronics PV inverters.
· Document and report site visits and service calls.
· Follow site safety procedures and perform work in a safety conscious manner. Develop a detailed knowledge of Power Electronics products.
· Communicate trends in PV market to improve the product.
· Perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on solar inverters.
· Other duties may be required or assigned.
· Minimum of 1 year of electrical installation and repair experience.
· Journeyman or licensed industrial electrician preferred.
· Experience with site safety work procedures including LOTO and Job Safety Analysis Sheets.
· Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills.
· Basic understanding of how to interface with and understand various communication devices that operate under the TCP and Modbus protocols.
· Proficiency on a PC computer with basic hardware, software, and networking abilities.
· Knowledge of solar market is preferred.
· Knowledge of National Electric Code.
· Valid Driver’s license.
· Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Ability to read electrical / mechanical drawings, equipment manuals and technical specifications.
· Ability to work under direction from remote management.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
· The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal field service environment.
· While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
· Activities can include extended periods of standing, bending or kneeling.
· Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
· Driving required to site.
· The work environment is constrained to a field service environment, with occasional functions in a corporate office.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards, and exposed to extreme weather temperatures.
· Competitive base salary.
· 14 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year. 8 paid holidays per year.
· Vehicle use.
· Paid Training.
· Full Range of Benefits including 100% Company Paid Premiums: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your dependents.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- 75% (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to POWER ELECTRONICS website with link as follow :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Field Service Technician Solar Division Emporia August 2020 POWER ELECTRONICS above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Emporia below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.