Assistant Superintendent Pulp Job WestRock Demopolisby admin on more than 30 days
WestRock Job Vacancies 2020Description :
(NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. ’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assistant Superintendent PulpDemopolis, AL
3620-Demopolis Pulp Mill
28270 US Hwy 80 West
Demopolis, Alabama, 36732
Assistant Superintendent, Pulp – Demopolis, AL
The role of the Assistant SuperintendentPulp provides leadership and support to the Pulp Mill Superintendent, and production supervisors; ensures continuity of the operating assets, achieving department objectives and facilitating sound business decisions. This role is responsible for the maintenance coordination required to maintain and ensure operating reliability.
The Assistant Superintendent Pulp, is the link between the production and maintenance departments, and is responsible for prioritizing work, managing backlogs and planning/scheduling maintenance outages. The Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Pulp Mill Superintendent and customers include both production and maintenance.
The Assistant Superintendent works special assignments on major shutdowns, problem solving projects, and capital projects and must have the ability to progress in the role and responsibility.
How you will impact :
- Review production reports daily.
- Implement process improvement projects to optimize equipment and reduce downtime.
- Communicate with other department managers to optimize mill production.
- Promote team concept with supervisors and operators to assure continuity in reaching common production goals.
- Provide after-hours managerial coverage for department on nights and weekends.
- Participate in and encourage participation in our safety programs.
- Review environmental compliance measures daily.
- Initiate process improvement projects to eliminate emissions/releases.
- Maintain asset management systems to improve equipment performance and reliability
- Accountable for an accident-free work environment by managing the department safety work order backlog.
- Coordinate scheduled shutdown and unscheduled outage lockout and tag-out.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance and operating costs with budget.
- Keeping "planned work order" backlog
- Prioritizing and approving break-in or emergency work.
- Prioritizing work order backlog.
- Being a technical resource for solving chronic and repeat failures, with reliability engineer.
- Planning the installation and startup of new equipment to minimize the upset of normal operations.
- Work with training resources to maintain detailed, structured on-the-job training manuals for department tasks and jobs.
- Provide leadership, development, and training.
- Assist other department superintendents with troubleshooting.
- Consistently recognizing and controlling hazards and hazardous activities and acting to stop unsafe actions of coworkers.
What you need to succeed:
- B.S. Engineering (Pulp &Paper or CHE) preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mill manufacturing processes
- Understand Kamyr digester, brown stock washing and screening technology
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory position
- Proficient in PI System (Process Information).
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
For further information, please refer official source from WestRock on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.