Equipment Operator (Lunenburg MA) Job CRH Lunenburgby admin on more than 30 days
CRH Recruitment 2020Description :
Job ID: 179499
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Construction Equipment Operator (Lunenburg, MA)
This is a highly skilled position involving the safety, control and operation of one or several types of construction equipment, such as graders, bulldozers, compressors, front-end loaders, sweepers etc.
You will report directly to the Paving Operations Manager. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All P.J. Keating employees are expected to partner with associates and management of P.J. Keating Company to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. You will establish key internal relationships to help ensure safety continues to be embedded in the culture of our Company.
- Learn and adhere to all safety regulations and actively participate in the safety culture.
- Safe operation of construction equipment.
- Complete thorough risk assessments and takes actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects. Have the ability to adapt quickly in a changing work environment
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of paving machine that spreads and levels asphaltic concrete on sub-grade of highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc., turns hand-wheels to raise or lower screeds, regulates width of creed
- May perform other related duties, such as adding or removing screed extensions, installing or removing automatic devices, grade log or other accessories associated with the machine.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of heavy highway paving experience.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to customers, officials, co-workers, supervisors, and general public at all times.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through CRH system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.