Clinical Program Director - BCBA Job FirstSteps Walnut Creek Angelesby admin on more than 30 days
FirstSteps Walnut Creek Recruitment 2020Description :
Do you want to join a team that provides you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and work with the most organized and professional Behavior Analysts in the field? If you answered yes, FirstSteps might be for you! Join our team and you'll become part of a talented group who are committed to improving the lives of young children with autism and related disorders.
Our dedication and integrity help to make FirstSteps a dynamic place to work. We emphasize teamwork, honesty, and mutual respect. Most importantly, we strive to maintain a family atmosphere and an enjoyable working environment, which is fundamental to our success as a company.
We currently have full-time availability immediately in our Walnut Creek, Hermosa Beach, Alhambra, and West Los Angeles service areas!
Being a part of team FirstSteps affords many opportunities, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Compensation for drive time and mileage
- Health Insurance and Professional Liability Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Fun work environment
- On-going team appreciation events
- Our team members give 100% to their clients and we like to reward them for doing so.
FirstSteps is known for hosting many festive events to show our appreciation!
Program Director Job Description: The Program Director is responsible for managing a team of clinicians in the design and implementation of individualized treatment programs for a caseload of children diagnosed with ASD. Additionally, PDs may opt to participate in a variety of activities and projects for the betterment of the company and the behavior analytic field, to include conducting and presenting research, speaking in the community, volunteering at autism events, and working on clinical and marketing projects.
Essential Job Functions Include (but are not limited to):
ABA Program Development
- Create comprehensive Treatment Plans, tailored to each client's individual needs, to teach skill deficits, including Verbal Behavior and Functional Communication (including assessment, such as VB-MAPP), Play Skills, Social Behavior, Self-Care, Motor, and the like)
Develop Behavior Intervention Plans
- Based on sound behavior analytic principles, including conducting Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) or Functional Analysis (as needed)
- Educate and train parents in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, therapeutic targets and strategies, and behavior management techniques to ensure proper generalization of treatment effects outside the structured therapy setting.
Collaboration with Funding Sources
- Write assessment and progress reports for school districts, regional centers, and insurance providers, using sound behavioral terminology and data collection.
- Attend IEP and IFSP meetings and work collaboratively with other team members to develop the most comprehensive and appropriate treatment program for each child.
Management of Clinical | Instructional Teams
- Run efficient and effective Team Meetings for each client
- Delivery of on-going training to current and future Instructors, to include: Principles of ABA, DTT & NET techniques, data collection, behavior management, reductive procedures, antecedent and consequence manipulations, verbal behavior, etc.
- Regular observation and overlaps with each Instructor and client (in addition to TMs, sees each minimum of one time per month in each relevant setting, more as clinically appropriate/funded.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Eye / Vision, Disability, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Pension / 401(k)
In addition to our competitive salaries and benefits package, being a member of Team
FirstSteps affords many perks, including:
- Extensive training and on-going support from our team of BCBAs
- Opportunities to conduct and present research at national conferences
- BACB-approved CEU provider
- Opportunities for travel
- Annual Directors Retreat and social events
- Dynamic, Fun, and Family-like atmosphere
- Master’s Degree required; Degree in Psychology or closely related field strongly preferred
- Behavior Analyst Certification (BCBA)
- Demonstration of all related Competencies and/or successful passing of Clinical Assessments
- Experience in a similar role (Case Supervisor, Program Manager, Lead Instructor, etc.) with exemplary performance-preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, to include diplomatically addressing difficult situations and people
- (clients and staff alike), providing constructive feedback
- Strong written and oral expression, to include report and letter writing, program description,
- presentations at IEPs, IFSPs, school staff trainings, and regional/national conferences
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution-focused behavior
- Creative thinking
- Independent, proactive work-style
- Ability to manage multiple teams
- Exceptional Organization, Time-Management, and Multi-tasking
- Work as part of a larger clinical team for the betterment of the entire program
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs
- Able to adhere to assigned schedule and drive to clients’ homes as assigned
- Able to run short distances, sit on the floor, bend down, squat, and kneel
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description, understand the responsibilities and duties of my position, and agree to fulfill all the duties to the best of my ability. I understand that the Job The description includes the core responsibilities of my position at FirstSteps for Kids, Inc. and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. I understand that personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
AboutFirstSteps for Kids, Inc.: FIRST STEPS for Kids, Inc. specializes in improving the lives of children diagnosed with Autism and related developmental and behavioral disorders. With expertise in applied behavior analysis, our FirstSteps team is prepared to provide children with effective and comprehensive treatment interventions tailored to address every child's individual needs.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.