Warehouse Supervisor Job Townsend Building Supply Chipleyby admin on August 27, 2020
Townsend Building Supply Recruitment 2020Description :
Townsend Building Supply, a leading supplier of lumber and building materials in the Wiregrass and FL Panhandle areas, is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to join our growing team. This position is located at our location in Chipley, FL. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for management of warehouse operations and personnel at the assigned location. The Warehouse Supervisor must ensure that the location is operating in an efficient and effective manner as it relates to warehouse operations. This position will require the use of a forklift. Forklift operators will be well trained and follow all the rules and regulations set forth by OSHA and Townsend Building Supply.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401k w/ company match
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation
…………AND MUCH MORE!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide oversight, leadership, motivation, and support to warehouse personnel in order to ensure successful daily operation of the warehouse.
- Assist with asset management for buildings and grounds, all rolling stock, and physical inventory.
- Delegate specific assignments to warehouse employees to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with all employee training requirements to ensure employees meet the Townsend standard for “best in class” customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensuring the needs of customers are consistently met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Understand, comply with, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Daily operation of forklifts for loading and unloading of stock and stock replenishment.
- Maintain a maintenance schedule for trucks and forklifts.
- Responsible for efficient and effective processes and procedures needed to support the accomplishment of goals and objectives set by Townsend Building Supply.
- High school diploma or equivalency; College degree a plus.
- Must be able to pass background and drug tests
- At least 2 years management experience or multiple years of experience in a lumber warehouse environment.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of current office technology.
- Knowledge of building materials and the building materials industry.
- Ability to train, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with employees and customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time.
Townsend Building Supply complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisor: 4 years (Preferred)
- Building Materials: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Townsend Building Supply system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.