Family Specialist Job Childrens Home Society of Florida Jacksonvilleby admin on November 1, 2020
Childrens Home Society of Florida Jobs 2020Description :
#MyCHSWhy Nicole Rainey from Children's Home Society Florida on Vimeo.
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
As a Family Specialist, you will provide in-home counseling services to Healthy Families program participants in the areas of substance abuse, domestic violence and mental health challenges. With a focus on meeting established program outcome goals while upholding the CHS Standard of Care, you will assess and identify client and family needs, as well as plan, coordinate, provide and evaluate necessary services and treatment. Overall, the Family Specialist contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that position CHS as the leader in delivering proactive behavioral health, case management, community and early childhood solutions for children and families.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
Provide in-home counseling services to Health Families program participants, meeting established program outcomes goals and upholding the CHS Standard of Care.
Healthy Family Direct Services
- Collect referrals for family specialist services and determine eligibility based on identified risk factors.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to assess and identify client needs.
- Plan, coordinate and provide counseling services according to treatment plan; update plans as necessary.
- Refer clients for specialized services and follow-up with family and service providers on those services.
- Accompany the Family Support Worker (FSW) on home visits, as appropriate.
- Review FSW and other team member home visiting and supervision records.
- Provide consultations; lead and facilitate staff briefings and meetings.
- Provide training on topics related to infant mental health.
- Work with families with challenging mental health issues.
- Participate in family service planning and in meetings between the FSW and the FSW Supervisor, as appropriate.
- Collect, enter and maintain accurate data for services provided, including referrals given, referrals made and outcomes, into the HFF Data System by the 10th of each month; perform monthly QA reviews.
- Conduct regular meetings to review referral process, caseload and family progress.
- Distribute the FSS participant satisfaction survey to all enrolled families provided by the Ounce of Prevention/HFF, HFF during the month of April.
- Participate in HFF Family Specialist conference calls and convey information to other team members.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and data collection guidelines provided by HFF.
- Attend the HFF family specialist core training within 90 days of hire.
- Attend the HFF domestic violence training, within the recommended HFF timeline guidelines.
- Attend HFF substance abuse, child abuse and neglect training within the recommended HFF timeline guidelines.
- Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on HSS-related issues and trends.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality management process.
- Comply with CHS’s code of conduct, policies, practices, contracts and other legal obligations.
- Assist with training other team members and providing back up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond Values in the performance of all job duties.
- Knowledge of:
- Community Resources | Children & Family Therapy | Substance Abuse | Child Abuse & Neglect
- Skills and proficiency in:
- Planning, organization, time management, and oral/written communication.
- Interpersonal relationship building, collaboration, teaming and conflict resolution.
- Software including MS Excel, Outlook, Word and data entry systems
- Ability to:
- Assess and apply proper intervention strategies.
- Interact effectively with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Identify and understand environmental stressors.
- Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; preserve confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Perform under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Perform at a high level of autonomy, with general supervision.
- Solve practical problems and document results using sound judgment.
- Multitask, while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy and quality, meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of our CHS Common Bond Values
- Be energetic, passionate, and adaptable with a deep commitment to social service, empathy for children and families and a positive approach to embracing and managing change
- Master's in Social Work or related Human Services field, from an accredited university, required
- Professional Florida License in Mental Health (LMHC), Clinical Social Work (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT) or Psychology, required
- Minimum of 3 years of post-Bachelor’s experience working with at-risk children and families, required; experience providing therapy to at-risk children and families, preferred.
For further information, please refer official source from Childrens Home Society of Florida Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Childrens Home Society of Florida, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.