Emergency Department Technician Job McLaren Macomb Mount Clemens
McLaren Macomb Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Emergency Dept Technician- (20002433) Dept: MAC Emergency Services Hours per pay period: 48 Schedule: 7a-7:30p
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides assistance to the emergency department nursing and medical staff with patient care and clerical duties. Performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for patients in the emergency department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct and indirect patient care, assisting nursing and physician staff with patient care procedures.
- Administers oxygen via nasal cannula or simple mask as directed by Clinical Nurse.
- Administers enemas as directed.
- Performs 12 lead EKG and straight catheterization.
- Provides orthopedic treatments (ace wraps, application and removal of Teds, applying splints, assisting with casting, and adjusting and fitting crutches).
- Inventories and restocks emergency department equipment.
- Collects and transports specimens such as urine, blood, and cultures.
- Assists with the admission and discharge of patients, initiates and discontinues intravenous lines, cleans and prepares examination room between patients.
- Places patients on monitors, provides wound care, assists with orthopedic procedures and other emergency room procedures as requested.
- Reports and records observations in the patient medical record.
- Reports patient care needs and changes in condition to the nursing staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic, or Medical Assistant
- BLS card from AHA required before start date (valid at least 60 days beyond start date)
Previous experience working in an Emergency Department
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Primary Location Michigan-Mount Clemens-Mt Clemens Reg Med Center Work Locations Mt Clemens Reg Med Center 1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens 48043-2920 Job Technical Employee Status Regular Job Type Standard Schedule Part-time Shift Day Job On Call No Weekends Yes
For further information, please refer official source from McLaren Macomb Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with McLaren Macomb, please register yourself at :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Emergency Department Technician Mount Clemens July 2020 McLaren Macomb above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Mount Clemens below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.