Dietary Manager Job Legend Tonganoxieby admin on October 9, 2020
Legend Job Vacancies 2020Description :
SUMMARY: The Dietary Manager is responsible for partnering with the Dietitian to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Dietary Department in accordance with current, federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Dietary Department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the Dietary Department, its programs and activities
- Assist in developing & maintaining written job descriptions and performance evaluations for each level of dietary personnel
- Review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc., at least annually for revisions, and make recommendations to the Dietitian and/or Administrator
- Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Department
- Review departmental complains and grievances from personnel and make written reports to Dietitian and/or Administrator of action(s) taken
- Assist during resident discharge planning with the dietary portion of the resident’s discharge from the facility
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections made by authorized government agencies)
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history.Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes
- Review therapeutic and regular diet plans and menusto assure they are in compliance with the physician’s orders.
- Ensure that charted dietary progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., are maintained at adequate levels at all times
- Assist the Infection Control Committee in the development, implementation, and revisions of food services aseptic and isolation techniques
- Ensure that dietary service work area, food storage area, and food preparation areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner
- Review and revise care plans and assessments as necessary, but at least quarterly
- Ensure that the care plan identifies any special equipment and utensils the resident may need; discuss and problem areas with the Director of Nursing
- Ensure that all Dietary personnel are aware of the care plan and that care plans are used in planning daily food services for the resident
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma
- Must be possess Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification
- Must have, as a minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing dietary functions in nursing care facilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1010 East Street, Tonganoxie, Ks 66086
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Legend website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.