Greenskeeper - Seasonal Job Sand Point Country Club Seattleby admin on April 26, 2020
Sand Point Country Club Recruitment 2020Description :
Do you love to golf? Do you enjoy working outdoors? Come to work and enjoy the view! seeks outgoing, positive, self-starters to join our Greens-keeping Team! Typical work hours are from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Friday, plus a rotating weekend morning shift40 to 48 hours per week.
We are looking for a seasonal, full-time, hourly Greenskeepers. Lots of parking available on Club property! Pay is $17 to $18 per hour.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operating riding mowers and tractors
- Walk mowing greens, tees, collars, approaches, and rough
- Raking bunkers
- String trimming
- Laying sod
- Course setup and cleanup
Ideal candidates would have previous golf course or related experience.
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Complimentary meals for shifts over 5 hours
- Access to Club facilities***
The ideal candidates would embody Sand Point?s Vision and Values:
- Vision: provides a welcoming atmosphere driven by inclusive membership, dedicated employees, well-maintained facilities and innovative member experiences where enduring friendships are made and families flourish.
- Values: Integrity, Respect, Dedication, Sustainable, Environmental Stewards, Innovative, and Community
***Founded in 1927, is the only private golf club in Seattle with all of the amenities of a country club. Team members have access to the Club?s numerous facilities including:
- Challenging 18-hole course re-designed by world renowned architect David McLay Kidd
- Covered, heated driving range
- Four outdoor and lighted tennis courts
- 24/7 Fitness Center
If hired, seasonal team members have the potential be promoted into a full-time benefitted position.
The Greenskeeper is responsible for the maintenance of the golf course in the spirit of the Club’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Directly Reports To:
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Assistant Superintendents
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent; or in pursuit
- Previous golf course maintenance experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
- Exemplary deliverer of motivation, diplomacy, balance, and tact while earning the respect of the team members as well as the Sand Point Community at large.
- Conducts themselves in a commendable, responsible, and professional manner at all times and encourages other team members to do the same to reflect the intended image of the Club throughout the Community.
- Display careful judgement and be comfortable communicating with cross-functioning teams and multi-disciplinary projects with the ability to make complex decisions in a dynamic environment in support of the Club’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Think, operate, exemplify, and deliver logically, creatively, strategically, and innovatively while meeting objectives and goals while displaying executive aptitude in operational matters and problem solving.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and cuts grass on tee boxes, fairways, roughs, fringes and greens.
- Maintains bunkers.
- Assists with sodding and trimming.
- Uses equipment such as walking and riding greens mowers, tee mowers, fairway mowers, rough mowers, rollers, bunker rakes, carts, push mowers and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools.
- Observes all Club safety practices and protocols.
- Keep your uniform clean and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Flexibility required covering weekend duties on rotation.
- Participates in required trainings and meetings.
- Keep storage areas in a tidy condition.
- Responsible for safe use and return to store of all tools and machinery in a clean and safe condition and ensure that any breakages/faults are reported to the Head Equipment Mechanic or Golf Course Superintendent.
- Support the Greens Department the clearance and control of ice, snow, or any other conditions to ensure that the Clubhouse and property are safe and remains open when possible.
- Report immediately any faulty services or hazards.
- Performs other required tasks and duties as required.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work tasks are performed mainly outdoors and involve physical strength and endurance. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Works with heavy equipment such as mowers, rollers, cutters and golf carts.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuverer between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability.
- Medium Work: Must be able to exert and lift 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and 10-25lbs of force frequently and up to 10 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis to move objects
- This position requires use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Heavy Work: Must be able to exert and lift 100 lbs. of force occasionally and in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently and in excess of 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis to move objects.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch frequently.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to communicate verbally, orally, and electronically.
- Able to work in noisy work environment.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Sand Point Country Club e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.