Maintenance Mechanic #034 A Job Searcy Housing Authorityby admin on more than 30 days
Searcy Housing Authority Job Vacancies 2020Description :
This employee performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions at the level of an ordinary skilled mechanic in one or more crafts or trades. This employee is capable of performing the duties in his craft or trade and has sufficient working knowledge of all maintenance crafts and trades to perform these duties with a minimum of supervision.
Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, this position is responsible for maintenance of apartments, grounds care, and the general appearance and functionality of their property. Work assignments are received in the form of broad objectives and performance expectations with minimal direction in day-to-day operations. This position is a hands on working maintenance position that will require maintenance and construction duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans, paints, repairs and refurbishes apartments as they become vacant.
- Installs and repairs plumbing and fixtures in apartments and office building.
- Makes repairs to appliances such as stoves and refrigerators; also cleans stoves and refrigerators in vacant apartments.
- Makes service calls for various repair work in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical according to work orders received.
- Mows, edges, trims, weed eats and perform other lawn landscaping jobs.
- Makes repairs to mowers, edgers and other maintenance equipment.
- Cleans up and hauls trash from apartment and grounds.
- Cleans out sewer lines when necessary using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Cleans offices, warehouses.
- Services and maintains Authority vehicles.
- Reports unsafe conditions for apartments, grounds, and any other hazard to Supervisors.
- Maintains inventory stock in assistance to Maintenance Lead.
- Performs other duties in relation to maintenance as required or requested by the Maintenance Director that may arise because of natural, man-made disasters, or other maintenance functions.
- Completes work orders, and paperwork required for recordkeeping in accordance with Maintenance Plan.
- Must complete work in satisfactory condition in accordance with Maintenance Plan and HUD Maintenance Guidebook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director and Maintenance Lead.
Performance standards are provided to help facilitate the periodic evaluation of the degree to which the employee meets the requirements of the job. The performance standards below represent examples and are in no way all inclusive. The Authority reserves the right to add or change performance standards through a modification of the position description, a supplemental performance evaluation tool, or written or verbal communication between the employee and their supervisor or the PHA Maintenance Director. Achieving the performance standards in no way guarantees a change in compensation and does not supersede or affect the at-will relationship between the employer and employee. Examples of performance standards for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to maintain the vacancy rate for their property remains below 2% of units available for rent.
- Ability to maintain the turnaround for re-occupancy within an average of one (1) calendar day per bedroom.
- Ability to complete or abate all emergency work orders within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ability to complete all other work orders within 10 calendar days of receipt.
- Ability to inspect and maintain at least annually in accordance with the Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS). Housing Managers will inspect but maintenance must repair/address all items that need attention.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
This position is required to work in less than ideal conditions, including noise, high-traffic areas, rough terrain, and undeveloped areas. The incumbent must have the ability to access all portions of their assigned site during normal operation and during active construction or modernization. The incumbent must access all areas of a property including the attic, basement, or crawl space and must be able to work/inspect in wet, damp, hot, cold, or dusty places. Must be able to work while standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 80lbs on occasion. Must be able to push, pull, carry, lift, crouch, and climb. Exposure to all types of weather, including extreme heat and cold. Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools and to paint is also a requirement.
- Possession of a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass an alcohol and drug test (Authority will pay for testing)
- Employee must be available for emergency calls after working hours (during the work week and weekends).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
For further information, please refer official source from Searcy Housing Authority on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.