Resource Specialist Job Christel House Academy Inc Indianapolisby admin on more than 30 days
Christel House Academy, Inc. Recruitment 2020Description :
is accepting applications for a Resource Specialist. is a growing network of high performing charter schools dedicated to serving low-income, urban students in Indianapolis.
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
This position provides support for students of the Drop Out Recovery (DORS) program for adults by responding to and identifying student needs that address academic, career, and personal/social development.
- Build trusting relationships with students.
- Collaborate with available community services in assisting students to remove barriers.
- Cooperate in establishing positive relations between home, school, and the community in order to create an effective public relations program.
- Utilize a solutions-focused and growth mindset approach.
- Engage in outreach activities to enhance programs and operations.
- Ensure the needs of students are met within the organization.
- Ensure the school’s climate is inviting and conducive to teaching and learning.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Design and deliver workshops, small training sessions, and instruct a student success course for credit.
- Provide counsel on attendance and other issues.
- Coordinates activities to introduce students to community and academic resources.
- Facilitates orientation meetings.
- Facilitate exit interviews with students who leave program.
- Makes presentations to community groups to explain DORS.
- Maintains an active case file on each student on case load – maintaining accurate case notes and documentation.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Submits required paperwork according to specified timelines
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education, Psychology, or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Considerable knowledge of local college academic and high school completion requirements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an educational or social services environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with at-risk and culturally diverse populations.
- Experience working with students/clients in advising and developing goals.
- Experience assessing student needs and coordinating educational and community-based services.
- Fluency in Spanish (written and oral) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively; maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- An agreement with the mission statement and goals of
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
To apply, please complete the online application. A complete application will include the following:
- Letter of interest stating why the candidate feels his/her qualifications are a good match to those sought by CHA
- Current resume (please include email address)
- At least three (3) professional references (References should include candidates supervisor in his/her current position and most recent prior position)
Applicants should disclose any criminal arrests or convictions in the application process. A successful applicant will be required to submit to a national background check.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Christel House Academy, Inc. website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.