Administrative Assistant-Career Development Center-Fort Wayne Job Purdue University Fortby admin on more than 30 days
Purdue University Vacancies 2020 - Purdue University give an opportunity to apply Administrative Assistant-Career Development Center-Fort Wayne that will be placed in Fort Wayne.
Purdue University Job Vacancies 2020Description :
This position will be the face of Career Development Center and will help us build important relationships by providing top of the line customer service to students, faculty and staff, employers and others from the community. This position will need to be able to connect community members with the appropriate Career Development staff member, or other unit on campus, and will need to be able to resolve problems as they occur to make sure the needs of community members, faculty/staff, and students are being met in a timely manner.Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls and assist visitors to the Career Development Center office while providing exceptional customer service and resolving issues for both internal and external customers.
- Answer questions for students, assist them with scheduling appointments, and refer them to appropriate resources.
- Read all incoming email to shared [email protected] account and answer in a timely manner or forward to the appropriate recipient
- Monitor posting of internships to ensure employers are getting an adequate number of applicants
- Approve employers as well as job and internships postings in Handshake, and follow up with employers for any additional information needed
- Work with academic units and employers to ensure students are enrolled in appropriate courses for academic internships and co-op positions, and provide other administrative support for the operation of the co-op program
- Oversee office budgets, reconcile travel paperwork for office staff, initiate contract renewals (Such as Handshake and TypeFocus 7), and track Job Locator Development account.
- Assist with onboarding of new employees and student employees (phone assignment, computer accounts, etc)
- Responsible for purchasing all office supplies, computer and printer purchases, and maintenance
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed
- Participate in professional development training
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers at an executive level
- Excellent customer service skills and high levels of professionalism
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage an office
- Ability to tactfully resolve problems
- Experience working in a university setting and with campus information system (Banner)
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-Exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
For further information, please refer official source from Purdue University Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Purdue University, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.