Police Dispatcher Intermediate Job Northern Arizona University Flagstaffby admin on more than 30 days
Northern Arizona University Job Vacancies 2020Description :
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
- This position qualifies for self and dependent education benefits.
- Ability to work shifts, including days, evening, nights, weekends, holidays and call in.
- Position requires interaction with students, staff and faculty from a wide variety of backgrounds. Candidates demonstrating knowledge of and sensitivity to our diverse university community are encouraged to apply.
- Will be required to wear an NAU Police Department Dispatcher Uniform.
- Testing process to include but not limited to: oral board, background investigation and polygraph.
- Testing process to last between 30 and 60 days.
- Unsuccessful candidates are eligible to reapply after 6 months.
- Initial testing scheduled to begin in the beginning of August 2020.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
- Operates police radio and maintains constant contact with mobile units by radio and computer. Dispatches radio, telephone, and written orders via radio and computer.
- Enters, clears and confirms warrants through Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS).
- Receives various information for referral to department officials.
- Operates a Computer Aided Dispatch System (CAD) and Records Management System (RMS).
- Takes requests for service from the public and secures the necessary information for appropriate action.
- Monitors fire and intrusion alarm system and dispatches appropriate personnel.
- Assist all walk-in traffic to the department.
- Assist with data entry functions as assigned.
- Monitor campus wide building access control system.
- Answer emergency 9-1-1/3000 calls.
- Ability to collect and apply information from caller regarding the location and detailed emergency circumstances while creating a call for police service.
NAU is currently engaged in an Organizational Growth and Effectiveness Initiative, which focuses on positioning the University for future success of its operational practices. As a result, some aspects of this position may be subject to change, such as, but not limited to: duties, titles, reporting structure, etc.
- Six months police dispatching experience AND six months clerical experience which includes typing experience; OR,
- One year of office/clerical or related experience in which necessary skills were acquired; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing of 40 CWPM
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft software
- Customer Service Experience
- Multi-line telephone experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch software
- Arizona Criminal Justice Information System certification (past or present)
- Schedule an NAU Police Dispatch obervation appointment by calling (928) 523-3611.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related activities.
- Ability to function effectively under heavy pressure and correctly deal with emergency situations following department procedures.
- Ability to be proficient in the operation of CAD and RMS within six months.
- Ability to pass the Arizona Criminal Justice Information System Level A terminal operator certification within six months of date of hire.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other University employees and to deal effectively and tactfully with the public.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task between phones, computers and walk-in traffic.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website at: http://www.nau.edu/police. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://nau.edu/human-resources/ Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. More information is available at: https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/Eligibility-Enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Employee-Resources/Training/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years. In addition to the development classes offered in-person, every NAU employee receives a free subscription to Lynda.com. From this site you can access more than 1,400 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including business skills, photography, music and video, home computing, and web design and development.
July 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campuson the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
For further information, please refer official source from Northern Arizona University on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.