Planner Fabric - West Elm Job WilliamsSonoma Inc Yorkby admin on September 26, 2020
WilliamsSonoma, Inc. Recruitment 2020Description :
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity, and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow, and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
About the Role
The Merchandise Planning organization is responsible for the strategic planning of inventory positions to drive sales, manage inventory turn, and deliver profit objectives. Inventory leaders are innovators, optimizers, and problem solvers who are constantly seeking opportunities to move the business forward. The team is currently undergoing training and implementation on an exciting new software suite to allow better management of all inventory metrics and critical in this role is the adoption of the system to scale the Brand. We seek a candidate who loves using data to tell the story and a team player who goes above and beyond. The role is within one of the most complex and high-visibility categories, offering exposure to leadership and the opportunity to have a big impact. The successful candidate will be curious, motivated, and will think outside the box, challenging the status quo.
- Plan and manage a department through the entire product life cycle:
- Create pre-season plans
- Present plans at investment review
- Manage monthly open to buy forecasts to drive sales and margin
- Manage inventory levels and turn targets
- Forecast and review buys and replenishment by SKU to maintain optimum inventory flow
- Utilize the new planning software to forecast sales and manage replenishment
- Partner with the Inventory Distribution team to develop allocation strategies and with E-commerce team on-site merchandising opportunities
- Identify potential inventory liabilities and take action to maintain inventory targets
Key in this role:
- Build a team relationship with Merchant counterparts and partner to develop financial merchandise plans by department
- Identify opportunities to drive the top line
- The ability to analyze the business day to day through reading and reacting to trends, and communicate actions to take
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence purchases and assortment strategies
- Be an integral partner with Visual, Store Operations, Sourcing, and the Distributions Centers
- Act like an owner, being the expert on everything relating to the sales, inventory, and margin of your department
In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, planners are encouraged to take on stretch assignments that expose you to other divisions and afford you a more well-rounded perspective. We value internal associates and invest in their growth, bringing opportunities for lateral moves and promotions to larger departments.
- Have a desire and willingness to work collaboratively in a group
- Have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
- Are a true business owner, comfortable with decision making and taking calculated risk for the benefit of your business
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
- 3-5 years planning and distribution experience
- Strong business acumen, financial analysis, and technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Founded in 1956, is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailingand we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
For further information, please refer official source from WilliamsSonoma, Inc. on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.