Human Resources Analyst Job Santa Rosa County Miltonby admin on September 20, 2020
Santa Rosa County Human Resources Jobs 2021Description :
Performs professional level human resources-related duties in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, reporting and coaching.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential functions are fundamental job duties. They do not include marginal tasks which are also performed but are incidental to the primary functions. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position, nor does every position allocated to the class necessarily perform every duty listed. Personal characteristics required of all employees such as honesty, industry, sobriety and the ability to get along with others, are presumed qualities and may not be listed specifically.
- Oversees and coordinates the County’s recruiting, selection and new hire processes to include, but not limited to: advertising vacant positions; screening applications; reviewing interview questions; reviewing and approving department selections; conducting reference and background checks; coordinating pre-employment paperwork and activities; scheduling new hire orientation.
- Partners with hiring managers to develop and implement recruitment strategies.
- Prepares, reviews and processes Personnel Actions to ensure accuracy and completion of various personnel/position changes (e.g., new hires, promotions, transfers, salary increases); notifies affected departments of changes; inputs personnel/position changes and other information (e.g., classification, salaries, locations) into the HRIS.
- Administers FMLA; provides FMLA forms and administrative policy to employees for leave requests; verifies eligibility for leave; prepares correspondence and tracks FMLA qualifying absences; ensures receipt of proper documentation.
- Ensures Federal, State and local employment laws are followed.
- Partners with departments to develop, review and update job descriptions and organizational charts.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluation to ensure proper and timely completion.
- Assists in the administration of the county drug and alcohol testing program for pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
- Conducts new employee orientation.
- Updates and maintains applicant tracking system, job postings, databases, personnel records, forms, logs and reports; maintains relevant records, statistics and documentation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs, department goals and objectives.
- Conducts research, collects and analyzes statistical data and prepares appropriate reports; presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Completes industry and compensation surveys.
- Researches and answers questions from employees and the public via e-mail, in-person and telephone regarding a variety of human resources processes, procedures, policies, job opportunities, etc.
- Prioritizes and tracks time sensitive assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Maintains security, confidentiality and discretion related to human resource information.
- Interacts with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
- Must demonstrate commitment to our mission, vision, values and goals and represent the County in a professional, dignified manner at all times both in actions and appearance.
- May have a role in the County’s disaster preparation and/or disaster recovery efforts, as designated in the County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan; may be required to work before, during and/or after an emergency.
- Must be able to meet minimum attendance standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL, VISUAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
The physical requirements are that of sedentary work and include exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally. Requires fingering to include picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Requires repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Required to operate a motor vehicle to attend advertising/promotional activities.
Requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures. Transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Requires the expression or exchange of ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly. Requires perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
The working environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions and is nearly absent of potentially disagreeable elements, such as irate customers, outdoor weather conditions, excessive noise, extreme temperatures, odors, dust, etc. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of standard principles, practices and techniques of human resource administration; applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and/or statutes.
Required to operate a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs. Requires creative and business proofreading, editing, writing and research; verbal communication; public speaking.
Required to plan and organize schedules; follow complex oral and written instructions; compile, interpret and analyze data and information; interpret and apply applicable laws, rules and regulations; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization; effectively represent the County and the department in answering questions, responding to inquiries, providing assistance, and dealing with concerns from the public, community organizations, other County staff and other agencies; establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, employees and public. Requires strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field; supplemented by three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Human resources experience with a state or local government is preferred. Must be computer literate. Requires a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Microsoft Access and PowerPoint preferred.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Requires a valid driver license at the date of hire and maintain said license while employed in this position. PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $39,936.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
For more detail information, please refer official source from Santa Rosa County Human Resources on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.