Receptionist Job Turbeville Insurance Agency Columbiaby admin on more than 30 days
Turbeville Insurance Agency Job Vacancies 2020Description :
**NOTE** Currently, our office does not plan to allow clients in-office for the foreseeable future. The position will operate in a social-distancing office currently operating with minimal staff and greater than 95% remote employees.
The position will, initially, operate the phone switch board and workstation primarily. Work duties may be modified during the initial term to accommodate COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols.
Turbeville Insurance Agency was founded in 1991 by William (Bill) Turbeville, Jr. as a full-service Independent Insurance Agency. This was not the first time the Turbeville name was associated with quality insurance in South Carolina, as his father previously owned Edens-Turbeville Insurance more than 65 years prior. In the 28 years since its creation, Turbeville Insurance Agency has grown to include five office locations (Beaufort, Bluffton, Charleston, Columbia and Lexington) with over 60 dedicated and experienced staff members available to meet all clients’ insurance needs. The agency works with over 70 carriers allowing us to write coverage for personal lines, commercial lines as well as life and health policies. The Turbeville team is extremely active with nonprofit and community events and receives regular recognition as a top insurance provider in each of its regional markets. Most notably, Turbeville Insurance Agency has been recognized for the past three consecutive years as one of the “Top 100 Privately Owned Businesses in South Carolina” by The Grant Thornton South Carolina 100™.
The Receptionist position is in the Turbeville Columbia office as a full-time position. The Receptionist will create a positive impression to guests, clients, and those who call the office on behalf of the agency. This position is also integral to company operations as an in-house processor. In addition to a welcoming voice and friendly disposition, the front desk employee must be detail oriented and able to multi-task in support of the staff.
The following is a list of the essential functions of this position. This list is intended to be representative of the tasks preformed within the position description but is not limited to:
- Answer and direct incoming calls in a friendly and cheerful manner. Make every effort to determine the callers’ needs in order to get to the appropriate producer or account manager.
- Welcome all visitors in a cheerful manner. If the visitor must wait for producer/account manager, offer an estimate for the expected wait time.
- Sort and scan mail to CSR’s.
- Prepare outgoing mail for post.
- Keep the In/Out Board current.
- Open, stamp, sort and distribute incoming mail neatly and accurately for associates.
- Assist processing with commission statements and billing statements as needed
- Forward all DB payments received in office to appropriate carrier. Close any open activity looking for payments and add new activity using PMT activity code.
- Invoice all AB new business, renewals, changes and cancellation from statement received from producer or account manager.
- Instruct any lender or real estate agent to remit any EOP requests or lender changes to our office via fax or email.
- Order any meeting change received via EOP request or account manager request. Follow up back to the account manager. Prepare any EOP requested for closing or refinance.
- Manage Photo Program to include scanning photos to client files.
- Set up NEW BUSINESS/CORE packet to include scanning all documentation, update agency management system to include policy data and billing screen, confirm appropriate activity has been set.
- Mail out renewal questionnaire letters when prompted by activity list.
- Inventory office supplies and request needed supplies.
- Scan, attach and update Claim Activity reports.
- Perform additional duties or tasks at the direction of Agency Management.
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, step stools, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear; able to push and pull doors. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and team lift in excess of 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
TIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE). TIA promotes equal opportunity in the areas of recruitment, employment, training, development, and promotion. TIA’s employment practices are without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical condition, marital status, veteran or military status or any other class protected by law in all personnel and employment actions and in all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 - $13.50 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
Currently all employees are required to wear mask, and our staff (excluding the Receptionist) is on a rotating A/B schedule.
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Processing payments
Company's Facebook page:
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.