Grounds Worker (PT) Job Versability Resources Newport Newsby admin on more than 30 days
Versability Resources Job Vacancies 2020Description :
To apply for this position : go to versability.org click the orange join our team button and apply to the Grounds Worker YNWS Cheatham Annex position
- Responsible for operating lawn equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards as determined by the Government Quality Assurance Evaluator.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work area.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining positive lines of communication with various Government personnel while performing their job duties.
- Responsible for providing quality customer service.
- Responsible for cleaning the equipment as instructed by the Contract Supervisor or the designated shift leader.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures as set forth by VersAbility Resources and the U.S. Government.
- Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months experience working in a production based environment preferred.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of the operating procedures involved in the use of lawn equipment and its related functions, including the cleaning process for the equipment is preferred; at a minimum, the individual must have the ability to learn the procedures within 2 weeks of training.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks independently in an unsupervised location.
- Must be able to work outside during the months of March through December for prolonged periods of time; must be able to work in various weather conditions (heat, cold, etc.)
- Must be able to work standing and walking while operating a push mower for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. independently.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Oral Communication: Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers and co-workers, in person and over the phone.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Collaboration: Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job. Goes beyond expectations in the assignment, task, or job description without being asked.
- Innovation: Applies original thinking in job responsibilities and to improve processes, methods, systems, or services.
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
- Quality: Produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Work will be performed outside in an environment that can become cold and/or hot/humid. This environment may contain multiple people performing various tasks.
Work will be performed on a Government military facility. As a result, the employee must be able to pass the background security check performed by the Government.
VersAbility Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer: EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet/Drug Free Workplace
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Versability Resources on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.