Line Cook/Prep Cook Job Manhattan Cafe Shoshoneby admin on more than 30 days
Manhattan Cafe Recruitment 2020Description :
Position Summary: A cook contributes to the success of the restaurant by executing tasks required to prepare all menu items with emphasis on quality, appearance, speed, portioning and food safety. Ensure that kitchen area, walk-in, storage area; prep bakery area and freezer are clean, sanitary and well organized.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met successfully to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function.
- Practice excellent health, food safety and sanitation standards.
- Operate cooking equipment such as the grill, fryer, mixer, oven and steam table.
- Set up station according to restaurant standards.
- Memorize and follow all of the restaurants standard recipes, cooking procedures and plate set-ups.
- Prepare orders as requested by the guest according to the restaurants time specifications
- Learn new menu items and limited time offers as introduced.
- Work effectively with managers, servers, dish machine operators, fellow cooks.
- Call servers for timely delivery of food when orders are complete.
- Handle returned plates quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare food items for later use by weighing, measuring, portioning and thawing to specific standards.
- Maintain product rotation system to ensure quality and freshness.
- Assist with food deliveries to include checking product for quality and placing products in appropriate storage areas to ensure food safety.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in cooler and all food storage areas.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene and report to work as scheduled and ready to take over your station.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
- Must take pride in every plate prepared.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to memorize recipes and plating standards.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently.
- Language Ability – Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability – Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers to include weights, measures and inventory for recipes and setting pars. Ability to perform these operations using US weight measurement and volume.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Line Cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.