Real Property Appraiser Job Camden County Board of Commissioners Woodbineby admin on more than 30 days
Camden County Board of Commissioners Recruitment 2020Description :
JOB SUMMARY: With general supervision, this position is responsible for locating and appraising residential, agricultural, industrial, exempt and commercial property in order to assist with the development and documentation of the county tax digest.
- Assists in location, measurement, descriptions, and values of residential, agricultural, industrial, exempt and commercial property by conducting on-site reviews.
- Participates as trainee in the inspection of property by measuring structures, calculating square footage, taking photographs, observing the quality of construction, and sketching buildings and improvements; enters data to computer and generates reports.
- Participates in the calculation of dollar values for properties based upon physical descriptions compiled, current costs of materials, and the market values of similar properties.
- Assists with on-site inspections of real estate in the county to discover any unreturned properties, including manufactured homes.
- Maintains and updates property records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of county rules and regulations regarding property taxation and appraisal methods.
- Skill in maintaining accurate records.
- Skill in performing advanced mathematical calculations required for valuation
- Skill in reading and interpreting maps and aerial photographs
- Skill in using different types of measurement tools
- Skill in using a computer, computing programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, WinGap CAMA System, Photo Editor, Calculator
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Chief Appraiser and/or the Deputy Chief Appraiser assigns work in terms of general instructions. Work is spot-checked in progress and upon completion for accuracy, compliance with procedures, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, state Department of Revenue regulations, property valuation guides, county policies and procedures, and standard appraisal techniques. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of related technical appraisal duties.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to train for the position of Real Property Appraiser in order to collect information necessary for the valuation of property within the county. Successful performance helps ensure that property taxes are equitably assessed and affects the public image of the county government.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with co-workers, contractors, real estate appraisers, property owners, other county employees, and the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give and exchange information, provide services, resolve problems, and justify or defend matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or in a vehicle, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects and climbs ladders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office, vehicle, and outdoors when conducting inspections. The employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, and inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of a one year apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of a valid State of Georgia Class C Motor Vehicle Operator’s License, and have a satisfactory motor vehicle driving record.
- Must have successfully completed the Appraiser I exam and meet all the following requirements of Department of Revenue Rules and Regulations:
Under supervision and direction as an appraiser trainee, is expected to learn and do the more routine technical work in the appraisal of real and/or personal property for assessment purposes. The Appraiser I must:
Be 21 years of age or older
Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent
Be in good physical and mental health
Have the aptitude to learn to perform assigned tasks, including reviewing maps and photography; locating property and gathering all information necessary to determine value; performing basic research on building costs and sales data; computing appraisal values for real and/or personal property
Successfully complete the appraiser exam established for this level
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Camden County Board of Commissioners e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.