Direct Support Professional Job Rcm Of Washington Incby admin on more than 30 days
Rcm Of Washington Inc Jobs 2020Description :
, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you looking for a meaningful career opportunity where you can positively impact people’s lives? is hiring dedicated, caring part-time (16 – 24 hours per week) Direct Support Professionals to support and empower adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live their best lives. is a premier disability service provider agency with community-based locations throughout the District of Columbia.
Selected applicants will provide support to men and women living in community-based homes in Washington, DC. Selected applicants must be at least 21 years old and must be compassionate, patient and comfortable providing total care to adults. The Direct Support Professional acts as a mentor, teacher, and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to assist them to live, learn and work as an active part of their communities.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Supports and assists with activities of daily living as needed, such as: personal cares, dressing, lifting/transferring, budgeting/finances, meal preparation, shopping, etc.
- Utilizes adaptive devices by people supported, as required
- Uses person-centered approaches to assist people in actively planning their daily schedules to gain greater independence, self-determination, and achievement of life goals
- Records daily documentation in Therap, Electronic Medical Records software
- Trains and assists people in navigating their community and provides transportation to activities, programs, etc.
- Communicates respectfully and maintains a positive and professional working relationship with people supported, families, co-workers, and external professionals
If selected for the position, you will be required to attend a one-week orientation session and complete Department on Disability Services’ Phase I training. This is during normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma, Certificate of Individual Educational Program (IEP) Completion, general educational development (GED) certificate, or, if the person was educated in a foreign country, its equivalent
- Must be able to effectively read and write in English
- Must be able to obtain a health certificate endorsed by a physician
- Must be able to lift weights of at least sixty (60) pounds
- Competent with basic computer literacy and able to complete daily documentation
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Possess critical thinking skills when circumstances warrant (including crisis situations)
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm with people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be comfortable navigating the DC Metro Area using public transportation and/or driving large vehicles
- Finds value in community inclusion and building relationships
- Ability to foster and teach new skills in both traditional and innovative ways
- Dependability and punctuality are a must
- CPR/First Aid certifications (may obtain during orientation)
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work environment may involve situations that require working with people with Behavior Support Plans, Trauma Informed Care Plans, Complex Medical Needs, and Developmental Disabilities.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.