Operations Policy Analyst Job Department of Human Services Portlandby admin on more than 30 days
Department of Human Services Jobs 2020Description :
Initial Posting Date:06/16/2020
Agency:Department of Human Services
Salary Range:$4,666 - $6,554
Position Title:Operations & Policy Analyst 2- Continuous Quality Improvement Equity & Diversity Manager
Job Description:We want you to join our team!
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of Oregonians, apply today! Be part of a diverse workforce that collaborates and learns from each other to improve services that support children, families, and communities.
The Offices of Child Welfare and Self-Sufficiency, part of the Oregon Department of Human Services, is looking for 1 (one) dedicated and compassionate individual to join our Quality Improvement Equity & Diversity team.
OUR AGENCY MISSION
"To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve well-being and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity."
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For more information on Child Welfare programs please
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Continuous Quality Improvement Equity & Diversity (CQIED) Manager serves delivery across Self-Sufficiency and Child Welfare in Multnomah County and works to evaluate district program operations and services to ensure outcomes are met and services are culturally responsive. They also ensure contract utilization is strong and efficiently serving diverse individuals and families equitably within the providers the District contracts with, and that the services delivery model is congruent with Evidence-Based frameworks and culturally responsive practices etc); assess/evaluate how operations and leadership frameworks/strategic direction is informed by recommendations from various internal and external stakeholders. The CQIED Manager recommends and plans actions to bring about compliance with regulations and program goals utilizing an equity lens and collaborates with managers across agency levels to formulate long-range objectives, short-term operational goals and implementation utilizing an equity framework.
May experience long periods of sitting at a computer terminal performing data entry. Requires cultural/racial diversity and sensitivity. Ongoing emotional and mental pressures. Public contact, including meetings with hostile clients or employees. Hours of work may vary from day to day and may include evenings and weekends. Non-traditional work hours may be required. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record or alternate method of transportation is required.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
When you join the Department of Human Services, you join a community of nearly 10,000 employees dedicated to Oregon’s most vulnerable population. Career growth and development is encouraged through ample training and committee participation opportunities. The State of Oregon offers excellent benefits, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance , generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan .
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to Human Services.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of experience of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to Human Services.
- Basic knowledge of statewide systems and understanding of child welfare and Self-Sufficiency Programs.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer services skills- internal and external customers.
- The ability to analyze federal laws, state statutes, rules, procedure and practice model governing Oregon Child welfare and Self-Sufficiency practices and writing or rewriting policies, rules and regulations to align them all.
- Evaluates and monitors the agency’s performance related to the diversity program area
- Skill in analyzing agency problems to obtain viable alternatives and solutions
- Ability to execute leadership, coordination and facilitation of responsibilities in an organization during a period of change and/or program redesign to implement Diversity goals and plans
- Experience in working with diverse groups of citizen and staff members with varying priorities and goals and moving these groups toward consensus
- Excellent public relations and written and oral communication skills ie: meeting facilitation, mediation, conflict resolution skills, and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to building and maintaining strong partnerships.
Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a computerized criminal history and abuse check . Adverse background information will be reviewed and could result in withdrawal of a conditional job offer or termination of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
- EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Click on the “Apply” button and submit your application. **Resume and Cover letter are required. Please address the requested skills, attributes and skills listed above. To be considered for an interview, you must submit all required documents and your application material must reflect that you meet the requirements.” View this video for help.
- INTERNAL APPLICANTS: (this includes Current State of Oregon employees): Apply via your employee Workday account. **Resume and Cover letter are required. Please address the requested skills, attributes and skills listed above. To be considered for an interview, you must submit all required documents and your application material must reflect that you meet the requirements.” View this job aid for help.
- VETERANS: To receive Veterans' Preference, you must c omplete the required Task that will be sent to you through Workday and will be located under your account profile. This Task will prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation for your Veterans’ Preference point selection. For questions about documentation, please visit: Veterans Resources or call the Oregon department of Veterans’ Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666.
Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase the amazing skills and experience, making you the best candidate for the position. The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all the minimum and special qualifications listed above. We do not accept a resume in place of the completed application. For additional tips, please visit the Oregon Job Opportunities page, Resources for Job Seekers .
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Note: this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
For questions about the job duties or application process, please contact [email protected] . Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to participate in the application or selection process, please contact our office at [email protected]
Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out this link: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
DHS commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Department of Human Services website with link as follow :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Operations Policy Analyst Portland July 2020 Department of Human Services above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Portland below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.