Parks amp Sports Facility Worker III Job City of Peoriaby admin on August 25, 2020
City of Peoria Jobs 2020Description :
The , AZ is a thriving city in the Northwest Valley that provides excellent municipal services to our community. Recently ranked as the #1 place to live in Arizona by Money Magazine, and in the top 50 happiest places to live in the country, we are committed to maintaining the level of service to our residents to sustain and enhances the lives, and culture of Peoria.
However, the commitment to service is never finished!
Join our growing team and become a part of the buzz that is Peoria! If you are passionate about providing excellent service through anticipating our community's needs, creating partnerships, promoting sustainability, and embracing diversity, then #PeoriaisthePlace for you!
View our video here.
Get an Inside Look at the Culture of Peoria
What's the Job?
Parks and Sports Facilities Worker III
Peoria's Parks, Recreation, and Community Facilities has an excellent opportunity for a Parks and Sports Facilities Worker III position that will work at the 's community parks.
You will perform a variety of tasks in a team environment to help maintain the 's Community Parks at the highest level. In addition to being a results-oriented people person, here are some of the job requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Requires 1-2 years' experience in the same or similar previous position.
- Skilled technical knowledge of tools and techniques for maintaining turf, ball fields and other park related amenities
- May show other employees how to perform job duties and may have some lead authority over one or two people for a short period of time throughout the year
- Frequent heavy lifting of 25-50 pounds
- Work in Outdoor environment under extreme weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain)
- Valid AZ Driver's license upon hire
- AZ Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Ready to Make Peoria Your Place?
In joining the , not only will you find a culture of stability, professional growth and development, you will be able to contribute to the vision of making Peoria the Place. In addition to offering a competitive salary, Peoria offers a comprehensive benefit package to include the following:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Public Safety Retirement System (Sworn Police & Fire)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Leave
- Basic Life Insurance and Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Rio Vista Gym Membership
- Wellness Program
- Diversity Program
- Outdoor Walking/Running Trail
- Years of Service Recognition
- Partnership for Prevention Program
- Flex Spending Account
Ready to make an impact and service others? Want to start a career with unlimited growth potential and development? Looking for an opportunity to grow with the #1 place to live in Arizona?
We encourage you to 'Apply' and see why Peoria is the Place!
DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS, ANY APPLICANT REQUIRING ACCOMMODATION FOR A DISABILITY SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OPORTUNIDAD DE EMPLEO CON DERECHOS IGUALES
***This posting will close and re-post every two weeks for a total of four weeks. Applications will be reviewed on September 2 and on the final closing date September 16.
Interviews will be scheduled after September 16.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to City of Peoria e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.