Installer Job STERIS Chicagoby admin on November 1, 2020
STERIS Job Vacancies 2020Description :
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.Position Summary
Under the general direction of the Installation Project Manager, provide complete equipment installation in accordance with plans and specifications including scheduling, delivery, installation, check-out, and final inspection of equipment.Duties
- Collaborate with Installation Project Manager to schedule product installation in coordination with equipment delivery, customer availability, and construction schedules.
- Prior to installation, verify rough-in dimensions and utilities are adequate to meet equipment specifications. Ensure doorways, elevators, and hallways are sufficient to allow equipment transport to installation site.
- Verify that equipment delivered to the customer matches the order. If the order does not match, contact Installation Project Manager for direction.
- Perform installation of STERIS products, including, but not limited to: uncrating; assembling; setting or lifting product into place; leveling; connecting utilities; and testing unit.
- Must be capable of independent work. Complete service documentation electronically.
- Test unit with live utilities and initiate a basic cycle to verify the integrity of the installation work performed.
- Provide daily email updates to keep all parties informed and ensure timely in-service, hand off to local technicians, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through post-installation activities to include disposal of all associated packing and shipping crate material, ensuring equipment is wiped down and fingerprints are removed, and addressing any questions/issues before leaving the site.
- Maintains courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Maintain tools. Submit an annual inventory to assigned manager.
- Maintain an installation materials inventory (consumable products) in line with scheduled installation activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one or two years experience in a related or similar field of work with technical school training, or three to four years without advanced training.
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Basic knowledge of personal computers required
- Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
- General knowledge of city, state, and federal mechanical and electrical codes desired.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints preferred.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.