Emergency Department Patient Services Representative Job UPMC Muncyby admin on more than 30 days
UPMC Hiring 2020 - UPMC is seeking an applicant to apply Emergency Department Patient Services Representative that will be placed in Muncy.
UPMC Jobs 2020Description :
This is a part time opportunity of 32 hours a pay period with the opportunity to pick up additional hoursas needed. Hours will predominantly be 2nd shift, from 3:00pm-11:00pm.Must be open tovarious days, including rotating weekends and holidays. There will also be the opportunity to be cross-trained at UPMC Williamsport.
An ED Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival and promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer friendly technologies. In this role you will educate patients on their copayments and financial obligations, collect payments when applicable, as well as connect patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate. You will also work to update patient's demographics and insurance coverage information, collect consent signatures and promote an overall culture of service excellence.
We are seeking candidates with a strong health care background and a desire to be empowered to ensure a positive experience during a patient's visit to a UPMC Hospital
- Responsible for reconciliation and maintenance of First Net Emergency Department Tracking Board and Hospital ADT system.
- Accountable for accurate registration into hospital ADT and/or clinical system during system downtime with monitoring and reconciliation of every patient for accuracy.Central Resource for all ADT registration and problem resolution during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Confirms insurance eligibility, accountable for third party reimbursement and coordination of benefits to support a seamless billing process.
- Counsels patients regarding insurance coverage and expected financial liability. Collects and records patient payments including co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles on the day of service.
- Provides a warm greeting for all patientsSupport and contribute to UPMC core values and guiding principles of Your Care. Our Commitment and abide by all UPMC departmental policies, procedures and goals in the process of performing all job responsibilities. Incorporates acts of dignity and respect in daily interactions.
- Proper patient identification to start clinical record (utilizing biometrics if applicable)
- Facilitator of financial gatekeeping with clinical partners.
- Accountable for maintaining a close working relationship with clinical partners to assure continual open communication with pertinent information obtained such as any alias name changes, information blocks to prevent release of information, and behavioral health insurance payors to assure timely data integrity of accounts.
- Obtains or updates necessary demographic and insurance related information.
- Works independently to perform a timely patient interview and registration for services at the bed side.
- Generates and completes all applicable forms and necessary communications. Obtains applicable signature for consent to treat and financial responsibility, along with signatures on any required forms, while following all HIPAA rules and regulations and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when faced with stressful situations, while simultaneously prioritizing all work activities.
- Anticipates and responds to inquiries from patients, visitors, hospital personnel, government agencies, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Completion of High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years' experience in a healthcare or one year in a medical/billing/fiscal setting or six months in a UPMC Patient Access Position
- Medical Terminology, third party health care coverage experience and strong understanding of managed care regulations are preferred
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required. Initiative to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $15.58 to $23.38 / hour
Union Position: No
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- All application will kept strictly confidential.
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Emergency Department Patient Services Representative Muncy July 2020 UPMC above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Muncy below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.