Technical Information Specialist Job US Department of Health And Human Services Montgomery Countyby admin on April 28, 2020
US Department of Health And Human Services Vacancies 2020 - US Department of Health And Human Services present a chance to fill Technical Information Specialist that will be placed in Montgomery County.
US Department of Health And Human Services Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Develop and maintain the ClinicalTrials.gov RRS (Protocol Registration and Results System) account requests.
- Manage and maintain the ClinicalTrials.gov public webpages; serving as the public resource for education of data.
- Write specifications for educational tools, including updates to the public ClinicalTrials.gov Guided tutorials, PRS User's Guide, and similar information by utilizing tools such as ForeSee Voice of the Customer, Qualtrics or Google Analytics.
- Monitor incoming data from users and identify satisfaction or when new types of content are necessary.
- Work with programming and customer service staff and leadership to develop policies through new Question and Answers, and communicates via web updates and e-communication bulletins to keep users apprised of new database features.
- Maintain Catalog or the ClincalTrials.gov public webpages of information that support the database structure and record display formats.
- Be responsible for the quality and completeness of the ClinicalTrials.gov resource and perform quality analysis on the database and/or public webpages.
- Analyze and identify the cause of any problem and determine the necessary corrective actions. Make the correction either directly or with the assistance of customer service, policy staff or leadership.
- Job family (Series)
1412 Technical Information Services
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, flexible schedules].
A full 4-year course of study that meets all the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in the subject-matter field of the position to be filled; OR
Four years of experience that provided a knowledge of the basic principles, theories, practices, techniques, and terminology of a discipline or subject-matter field; an understanding of the standard methods, procedures, and techniques of research and analysis in the subject-matter field; and where appropriate, ability to read and comprehend nontechnical material in one or more foreign languages. Such experience must have been equivalent to that which would have been gained through a 4-year college curriculum.
To qualify at the GS-13 level:
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Government. Examples of specialized experience include: writing specifications for educational tools, including updates to public guided tutorials and User Guides; managing registration and production of online content for clinical studies; supporting systems development, worldwide web-based data content, retrieval operations, computerization of data/ information, and the development of web-based digital analytics; coordinating work with computer systems analysts and specialists engaged in the quality review and maintenance of online systems..
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
A combination of education and specialized experience that meets the qualification requirements for this position.
You will receive credit for all experience material to the position, including experience gained in religious, civic, welfare, service, and organizational activities, regardless of whether you received pay.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10743566 Education Additional information
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s).
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- Visit our Applicant FAQs page for helpful information on the application process.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHSBackground checks and security clearance Security clearance
To determine your qualifications and referral status, we may review your resume and supporting documentation and compare it against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Ensure you support your self-ratings by the information you provide in your application. We may verify or assess your qualifications at any time. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts may be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer. To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.
OtherDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
Your resume must thoroughly describe how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. We cannot assume you have performed the necessary experience required for this position regardless of your employment history or academic career. To ensure all of the essential information is in your resume, we encourage you to use the USAJOBS online Resume Builder. If you choose to use your own resume, you must ensure it contains all of the required information and you organize it so we can associate the following information for each experience/position:
- Job title
- Name of employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment (month/day/year format)
- Hours worked per week. We will assume full-time unless otherwise stated. We will prorate part-time employment in crediting experience.
- Detailed description of job duties, accomplishments, related skills, and responsibilities to include any supervisory/managerial responsibilities and number of staff supervised (if applicable)
- Series and grade or equivalent (if a federal position)
If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying on the basis of education, you need to list your education history including the type of degree and your major of study. If the position requires a certain number of credit hours, you are strongly encouraged to list the relevant courses in your resume. Do not include a photograph or video of yourself, or any sensitive information (age, date of birth, marital status, protected health information, religious affiliation, social security number, etc.) on your resume or cover letter. We will not access web pages linked on your resume or cover letter to determine your qualifications.
For resume writing guidance, please visit the following resources: NIH Jobs website, USAJOBS Resource Center, and the USAJOBS Resume Writing Video Tutorial.
You must submit a completed assessment questionnaire.
You must submit the following documentation, if applicable to you AND respond accordingly to the associated question on the online questionnaire. If you do not provide the required information, we will assume you are not eligible or you do not wish to be considered for any preference or eligibility.
- SF-50A copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional SF-50 that shows the effective date of your latest position and the full performance level. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from your human resources office or, if you are an HHS employee, from your eOPF. If you separated from Federal Government employment, you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 via the Federal Records Center, National Archives and Records Administration.
- Veteran Documentation: (DD-214, VA Disability Letter, etc.). Reference Standard Form 15 (SF-15) for required documentation if you are a 10-point preference eligible. Submission of SF-15 is not required, unless you have derived preference (XP) as described in questions 7, 8, or 9 on the SF-15. In those cases, you must submit a completed SF-15 and the required documentation. For 5 point preference eligibles, you must submit your DD-214 (if separated) or any written documentation from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application package.
- Schedule A (Disability Appointment): Documentation of eligibility for employment under Schedule A can be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. The letter must be printed on a medical professional's letterhead and signed. Please note the Schedule A hiring authority neither guarantees employment, nor gives an individual preference in the hiring process.
- Documentation to support any other noncompetitive or OPM interchange agreement eligibility. Reference the Eligibility section of the questionnaire for required documents and information.
- Visit our sites on Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information and required documentation.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The National Center of Biomedical Information (NCBI), in the National Library of Medicine (NLM) is seeking to hire individuals for Technical Information Specialist positions.
As a Technical Information Specialist, you will:
Not requiredSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Military spouses
You must be a current or former federal employee eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures or otherwise be eligible as a status applicant (e.g. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act) OR be an individual who is eligible through an OPM interchange agreement or for a non-competitive appointment.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.