HSE Specialist Job Michigan Milk Producers Association Noviby admin on more than 30 days
Michigan Milk Producers Association Recruitment 2020Description :
Who are we?
(MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist will oversee the maintenance and enhancement of a comprehensive HSE program with the goal of reducing work related accidents, injuries and maintaining regulatory compliance. This position will report to Human Resources Director and will be based at the MMPA headquarters in Novi, Michigan, but will support all MMPA facilities.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of safety programs, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Advise management of emerging environmental health, safety and welfare legislation
- Develop, implement and conduct safety training programs
- Maintain and communicate MMPA HS&E statistics and metrics
- Investigate all accidents and near misses, prepare a report of findings, including recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and implement corrective action
- Support in risk assessments and external safety audit/inspections. Bring forth recommendations that will improve working conditions and reduce risk factors
- Coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability issues into policies, rules, services and operations
- Promote best practice in energy use, waste reduction and sustainable development
- Consult management on all matters relating to health, safety and environment to ensure consistent application
- Maintain records of safety violations, OSHA/MIOSHA logs, workers’ compensation cases and other documents
- Administer the chemical safety program, including requirements for hazardous communication and global harmonization
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in Health, Safety & Environmental Engineering/Science or a related discipline
- Work Experience:
- Three+ years’ experience or a combination of education, training and experience
- Must possess or be capable of possessing RCRA/DOT certification for handling of hazardous waste
- Functional Competencies needed:
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations related to Health, Safety and Environmental
- A sound understanding of and experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of DOT, OSHA EPA
- Willingness to travel to MMPA facilities on a regular basis
- Personal Skills/Attributes needed:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage the work of others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both individually and in group settings, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to resolve problems regarding policies, procedures and safety programs. Must have interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision-makers
- Ability to perform Gap analysis, document shortfalls, develop strategies and implement
- Confident, enthusiastic and a team player with a 'can do' attitude; driven to achieve the optimum outcome
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Michigan Milk Producers Association system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.