Senior Project Accountant Job Henkels amp McCoy Blue Bellby admin on July 1, 2020
Henkels & McCoy Recruitment 2020Description :
This outstanding company is celebrating 96 years in operation and is one of the largest privately held engineering, project management and construction firms providing critical infrastructure for the electric power, renewable energy, communications, natural gas and pipeline, and water industries. We have more than 80 offices strategically located from New England to Hawaii and corporate offices located in Blue Bell, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb. This position is with an industry that provides flexibility, opportunity, and growth, while offering a great compensation plan and tremendous benefits.
- Support monthly revenue recognition for active construction projects
- Analyze project revenue and cost forecasts and ensure project financial positions are accurately reported
- Understand project contracts, status, schedules, financial position and key risks that may impact financial reporting
- Travel to HMG regional office, program and project locations, as required
- Work with corporate accounting, regional controllers and operations to analyze project performance
- Assist implementation of GAAP Revenue Recognition standards across the enterprise
- Maintain and improve upon program and project financial analytics and exception reporting
- Attend regular project status reports in-person across the organization to gain an understanding of project status
- Maintain key internal controls within the accounting processes related to program and project revenue and profit recognition
- Ensure data and internal controls integrity
- Assist in coordination of annual external audit; Compile and review requested audit materials and schedules for project specific requests
- Prepare supporting schedules for monthly financial reporting
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures
- Review, explain, and understand financial results through research of variances from budget and prior year
- Perform ad hoc analysis of accounting transactions, operational performance, and general ledger accounts
- Support ad hoc operational data and analysis requests
- Support additional corporate accounting functions as required
- Develop understanding of the business and industry
- Maintain a team player and positive attitude with a willingness and desire to assist and provide support when needed
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures
- Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA or actively pursuing license preferred
- 5 to 10 years of construction accounting experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Construction or project-based industry experience preferred
- Understanding and experience with project controls (budget, schedule, change management) preferred
- Up to 75%
- Firm understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Base level understanding of project controls (budget, schedule, change management) preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel skills required
- Experience with JD Edwards ERP system a plus
Henkels & McCoy Shared Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Henkels & McCoy on following link below :
- All application will kept strictly confidential.
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Senior Project Accountant Blue Bell July 2020 Henkels & McCoy above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Blue Bell below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.