Operations amp Maintenance (O M) Manager Job NAES Corporation Vegasby admin on more than 30 days
NAES Corporation Job Vacancies 2020Description :
About NAES: We are an independent services company dedicated to delivering value to facilities across the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, and manufacturing industries. For more than 35 years, we have drawn on our deep experience in advisory, operations, maintenance, fabrication, construction, engineering, compliance, technical support, asset management and energy management services to assess, build, operate and maintain sites that run safely, reliably and cost-effectively.
We operate more than 170 power plants throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico that span all technologies and provide over 46 GW of capacity. With the strength of 4000 people, our growing family of companies now addresses the entire life cycle of power generation and other industrial plants.
NAES offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional opportunities.
This position works under the general direction of the Plant Manager and performs leadership duties that will ensure safe, efficient, reliable operation and maintenance of the plant. Performs all duties in compliance with plant policies, procedures, rules, and regulations pertaining to operations, safety, conduct, and housekeeping. Protects the Owner’s investment in machinery, equipment and facilities by exercising care, skill and knowledge.
- Oversees the monitoring, inspection, maintenance, and control of all power production, auxiliary and facility equipment to ensure safe, compliant, continuous and efficient operation. Ensures that plant emissions and effluents are within limits. Takes action necessary to prevent any safety violations, environmental excursions, or production loss.
- Develops and supports others in the preparation and presentation of required environmental, health and safety training programs and maintains plant training records
- Conducts periodic review of plant policies and procedures to ensure they reflect current plant goals, operating requirements and the industry’s best in class
- Ensures continuity of plant operations through the training and development of plant personnel
- Motivates, directs and supervises personnel to effectively and efficiently accomplish their assigned duties through performance appraisals, reward, discipline, and management skills
- Responsible to assign the daily work and to supervise and evaluate performance of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the long range maintenance plans and utilize an organized method of planning day-to-day activities, including weekly and monthly plans
- Delegate projects and tasks to the operations & maintenance personnel to ensure an acceptable back-log of work-orders, work is properly distributed, and all personnel are being exposed to the various functions in the plant thus promoting the experience level of the staff
- Oversee all environmental compliance activities including the preparation of quarterly and annual reports. Interface with consultants, as needed, in the completion of environmental projects
- Monitor and optimize plant performance. This should include periodic testing, evaluations, and recommendations to the owner for improvement projects with cost justifications. Encourage the plant staff to incorporate improvements internally to reduce contractor costs.
- Manage the O&M staff to promote efficient operations and utilization of overtime hours
- Communicate effectively with the site staff, Plant Manager, Facility Owner, vendors, and outside agencies
- Demonstrate effective management skills in meeting or exceeding facility goals and objectives and support the Plant Manager in ensuring that NAES is performing in accordance with the O&M agreement
- Lead the effort to identify problem areas in the plant where there are repeat problems,inefficiencies, or unsafe areas. Once identified, prepare capital project suggestions with appropriate cost benefit analysis’.
- Ensures proper, efficient and safe operation of the facility equipment by establishing, implementing, and maintaining equipment operating procedures
- Coordinates contractor support required for equipment repair or maintenance including; work scope, negotiations, contract development, and implementation
- Leads the planning of maintenance outages using effective time management principles
- Provides the Plant Manager with information concerning the availability and reliability of facility equipment
- Supports equipment operation through the implementation of preventive, predictive, scheduled and corrective maintenance planning and procedures
- Develops and maintains equipment history operating records including equipment operating hours, maintenance downtime, cost, availability, manpower utilization and report such information to the Plant Manager
- Assists Plant Manager in development and monitoring of plant budget, operating plan, and development of technicians
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Continually develops knowledge of the Plant and power plants in general
Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. All NAES managers and supervisors (“Supervisors”) have a direct and important role in ensuring that all work is performed in a healthy and safe manner. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each supervisor’s performance.
The O&M Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and supervises subordinate operations and maintenance personnel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include the possibility of standing on feet for extended periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing and routinely lifting up to 50 pounds. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.). Work with hazardous materials may be required.
Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required.
All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
- A technical undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Power plant or similar experience required. Gas turbine experience is highly desirable
- Experience supervising hourly personnel required
- Strong leadership and motivational skills required
- The candidate must possess proficiency in computer skills such as Microsoft Office and PI OPC Interface. Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) experience is highly desirable. Experience with MS “Project” or a similar planning tool is desired.
- Thoroughly demonstrated understanding of power plant operations, including a working knowledge of the different operations & maintenance functions
- Working knowledge of chemistry as it relates to plant operations as well as environmental and water treatment programs and statutory regulations
- Understand budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation and award, basic accounting principles, plant economics and power pool operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of all facets of power plant operations. Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, and technical manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and training of other personnel. Analyzes and interprets data to make sound professional judgments and recommendations.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates
It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
- Power plant or similar experience; gas turbine experience is highly desirable
- Technical/other training or better in Power Plant Technology or related field
- High School or better
- Driver's License
- Computer Skills
- Maintenance Management
- O&MOperations & Maintenance
- Power Plant Operations
- Team Leadership
- Verbal and Written Communications
- Water Treatment
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.