Executive Chef Job Cuyama Buckhorn Luis Obispoby admin on June 29, 2020
Cuyama Buckhorn Jobs 2020Description :
WHERE: Cuyama Buckhorn in Cuyama, California
4923 Primero St., New Cuyama, CA 93254
Cuyama Buckhorn is a timeless roadside inn & restaurant in the heart of California’s high desert in Santa Barbara County, where community, locally-inspired food, and artistry flourish.
The property is undergoing a major revitalization under new ownership. Once complete the property will function as an intimate resort with 21 updated guestrooms, a pool, lobby and plenty of indoor and outdoor event spaces, in addition to The Buckhorn Restaurant, Bar & Coffee, which are currently open to locals and travelers alike.
The Buckhorn Restaurant & Bar was originally established in 1952 as a roadside stop for weary travelers to enjoy a meal in good company. More than 60 years later, The Buckhorn has become a historic establishment nestled in the Hidden Valley of Enchantment, featuring treasured favorites such as Santa Maria tri-tip grilled on our historic Red Oak grill.
While The Buckhorn will always offer nostalgic classics, we have a new focus on connecting our food and beverage offerings to the local bounty of our valley. We offer thoughtfully crafted menus, in partnership with our neighboring farms, ranches and wineries, to create elevated and unexpected farm-to-table comfort food that everyone can celebrate.
We are looking for a passionate and creative Farm-to-Table Chef to assume full responsibility for all facets of our kitchen. The ideal candidate will curate The Buckhorn’s signature California Cuisine, work with upper management to envision the future of our culinary offerings, design menus utilizing farm fresh ingredients where possible, create banquet and event menus, and oversee our wonderful kitchen team.
The ideal candidate is someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, the desire to create and strengthen relationships with farms and like-minded food organizations, and a passion for using quality ingredients and highlighting them with unexpected yet approachable technique. The successful candidate will be low-ego, talented, and possess strong leadership skills with previous experience designing menus and an extensive training background. This candidate should be willing and eager to create their own approachable and exciting culinary experience in a remote, beautiful high desert community.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about rural, small town living and who is ready to relocate for a new and exciting adventure. Someone who loves the outdoors, agriculture, nature activities and embraces a remote lifestyle would fit well in Cuyama, as our valley is filled with amazing natural landmarks including, Carrizo Plain National Monument, Los Padres National Forest, amazing campgrounds and stargazing, as well as plenty of incredible local farms and ranches.
- 3-4 years minimum as a CDC, Executive Chef, or a Sous Chef with experience working closely under an Executive Chef
- Passion for quality, fresh ingredients, and farm-to-table cuisine
- Strong training skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong leadership and organizational skills
- Culinary creativity and vision, with extensive experience designing and costing menus
- Strong communication skills and a desire for building relationships within the food/supply industry
- Experience utilizing seasonal products in unique, interesting ways
- Strong culinary financial management skills for cost control and analyzing P&Ls
- Passion for curating a culinary experience/vision
- 3-4 years minimum as a CDC, Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Past kitchen/restaurant training experience
- Food costing and financial management skills
- Ability to create menus that creatively manage food costs and waste, while utilizing products from the local farms and ranches in the area
- Advanced understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Thorough knowledge and unwavering practice of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Knowledge of California health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, events, and some holidays
- Thorough knowledge of kitchen operations and production
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in groups, as well as lead and inspire a team while providing continuous training to subordinates
- California Food Handlers Managers card (within 30 days of hire)
- Interest in craft beer a plus
- Prior experience creating recipes for retail food products/market products and HACCP plans a plus
- Appreciation for, and desire to live in a rural, small-town, tight-knit community
- Willing to fully relocate to our destination location
This is a very unique opportunity, to help create the culinary vision for a property with a huge culinary focus. We will assist with relocation and will provide housing for the right candidate.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Relocation Assistance
- Culinary: 3 years (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Cuyama Buckhorn e-recruitment website with link as follow :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Executive Chef Luis Obispo August 2020 Cuyama Buckhorn above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Luis Obispo below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.