Hospital Administrator II Job VCA Animal Hospitals Loomisby admin on July 26, 2020
VCA Animal Hospitals Jobs 2020Description :
VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full-time Hospital Administrator to join our AAHA-Accredited, 24-hour general/emergency/and multi-specialty practice in Loomis, California.
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities. VCA is a member of the Mars Veterinary Health Group. If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
The Hospital Administrator performs a wide range of difficult to complex administrative activities related to oversight of personnel and hospital operations. The goal is to provide quality patient care and excellent client service. Responsibilities include team building and support of our associates, management of finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, health, veterinary sciences or other related field.
- Strong people leadership skill set with experience forging and developing high performing teams.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in medical care facility operations management with profit and loss responsibility.
- Person of high moral integrity and capable of building trusting relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Human resource prowess.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results by empowering other hospital leaders and team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and service teams towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service.
- Assist in the formulation of objectives and protocols to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
- Oversee hiring and the performance review cycle to ensure associates are receiving feedback and have the ability to work towards performance improvement.
- Build and maintain relationships with referral hospitals and community partners.
Model an “owner” mentality by demonstrating a willingness to assist all associates
in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
- Availability to work some weekends or extended hours in order to support the 24/7 nature of the hospital.
- Status as a Certified Veterinary Practice Manager or ability to attain it.
- Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
Physical Demands: Work is generally performed in an office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic is a referral center, primary care facility and teaching hospital with 24-hour emergency service. We have a staff of 30+ doctors, 6 interns, and 130+ support staff with specialists in internal medicine, emergency & critical care, surgery, cardiology, radiology, anesthesiology and behavior. This large hospital encompasses a surgery center with 3 state-of-the-art surgery suites, including suites dedicated to orthopedic and minimally invasive surgery as well as a dentistry suite. The hospital has 17 examination rooms, CT and a medical oncology suite.
The hospital is nested on approximately 9 acres of oak-studded pastoral land in Loomis, a small community 25 miles northeast of Sacramento. We boast some of the best schools in the state, some of the safest places to raise a family and an outstanding quality of life. Loomis is located in Northern California at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The area abounds with recreational and cultural opportunities and is within an easy drive to ski resorts, trails for hiking, mountain bike or horseback riding, lakes and rivers, and the cities of Sacramento and San Francisco.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to VCA Animal Hospitals website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.