NYC Electrical Site Auditor amp Technician Job EmPower Solar Farmingdaleby admin on more than 30 days
EmPower Solar Careers 2020 - EmPower Solar require an applicant to fill NYC Electrical Site Auditor & Electrical Technician that will be placed in Farmingdale.
EmPower Solar Job Vacancies 2020Description :
EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar energy design and contracting company focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area. EmPower seeks a personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties doing NYC Electrical & Structural Site Audits and to sit for Electrical Inspections.
The Electrical Site Auditor and Inspection Technician shall be responsible for scheduling and conducting the Post Contract Site Visits (PCSV) which is a thorough inspection of a client’s property including all elements of the electrical service, the structural roof members, and all possible equipment locations. The PCSV is an information gathering mission that is essential for a project to flow smoothly through each department within EmPower. Using the information gathered at the PCSV the Site Auditor will complete a worksheet to highlight the specific details of the project that were reviewed with the client. This worksheet also functions as a blue print, including all electrical calculations for wire sizing and over current protection and materials lists that will be referenced by our warehouse team to prep jobs and by our crews to work off of during installation. A structural analysis is also done at this visit which the details of will be handed off to our Engineer & Design team for review
Once the installation crew has completed a project, this individual will change hats to the Electrical Inspection Technician. Individual will be responsible for attending NYC Electrical Inspections. Meeting with the inspectors to open equipment and answer any questions regarding the electrical service and the integration of the solar system.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Interaction + Project Site Audit + Installation Planning Worksheet + Electrical Inspections
- Inspecting structural roof members occasionally cutting open ceilings to view rafters.
- Inspecting all aspects of the electrical service including service entrance (overhead/underground), condition of existing equipment, condition and code compliance of existing grounding electrode system.
- Identification of optimal location for solar equipment
- Identification of optimal location for “home run” wiring from solar array to ground level equipment.
- Using knowledge of NEC and NYC code, completing a detailed worksheet highlighting key project details.
- Manage project queue to keep projects flowing through the pipeline.
- Scheduling with client using software as well as traditional email/phone/text communication
- Managing client expectations and delivering an amazing client experience
- Documenting all key parts of the site audit using in house photo app
- Scanning and uploading documents to our system
- Attending NYC electrical inspections with light tools and materials to make any small corrections on the spot
- Works evenings and weekends as required..
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task under restrictive deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Must be proactive with the ability to manage a flexible schedule
- Capable of working independently and with a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate will need to make phone calls to clients, contractors, and electrical inspectors.
- Candidate must have neat legible handwriting.
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- In depth knowledge of the NEC
- In depth knowledge of the NYC Code
- In depth knowledge of Construction Safety
- In depth knowledge of building materials and methods
- 2-3 years of Solar Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
- 2-3 years of Electrical Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
- 3-5 years of General Construction experience
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Employee shall be paid on an hourly basis. Hourly rate ranges from $28-$35 part of which will be a bonus. Additionally, EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches up to 4% of gross compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and vision programs. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch.
EmPower Solar desires that all employees grow professionally. We provide online solar training and encourage employees to seek out and request support for other related professional development courses or programs.
WHY WORK FOR SUNPOWER BY EMPOWER SOLAR?
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar, and through appropriate industry recognized development programs.
- Support for outside training and professional development when available.
- A job at EmPower Solar gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower.
EmPower-Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- solar installation: 3 years (Required)
- electrical: 2 years (Required)
- NYS Driver's (Required)
- 100% (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through EmPower Solar system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.