Customer Service Supervisor - Utility Billing Job City of Winter Gardenby admin on more than 30 days
City of Winter Garden Jobs 2020Description :
“We make every customer feel important and cared for, find creative solutions with a can-do attitude, and follow the Winter Garden Way.”
* Ownership * Responsive * Respectful * Professional
Provide service delivery that will create service wins for both our internal and external customers.
Provides supervision of Utility Billing operations and staff as directed by the Manager. Supervises and supports general office functions involving financial record keeping, balancing cash drawer against receipts received, filing of documents, and customer relations. Performs customer services such as receipt of payment for utility services and answering questions on customer accounts. Provides general information on utilities services, ordinances, policies, and procedures. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Utility Billing in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Answers customer inquiries on the telephone and at the front service counter concerning utility-related matters and directs/transfers telephone calls to the proper department or representative.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives with posting cash and check payments of customer utility bills.
- Records cash receipts using a SunGard H.T.E. update process.
- Counts and reconciles receipts to machine totals daily.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives on various customer service responsibilities including preparing work orders, handling turn-ons/offs related to delinquent accounts, and scanning contracts and other daily documents for access upon request.
- Prepares final billing for closed accounts, mails customer refund checks, prepares customer delinquent reports for non- payment, works with the City Clerk for lien processing of unpaid balances, and processes new meter sets.
- Researches computerized records to resolve problems involving payment of invoices, collection of fees due and billings.
- Assists Manager in preparing trial balance report, monthly exception listings for customer billing, preparation of meter-related reports, researching and entering monthly meter readings, and other duties as directed.
- Associate degree required in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Four (4) years of customer service, billing, and cash handling experience with a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in an office setting is required. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of meter reading, utility billing, and complete bill fulfillment process is preferred.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service experiences including establishing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships, effectively dealing with the public and coworkers in a courteous, efficient, effective, and tactful manner; and successfully managing and deescalating confrontational and/or demanding situations in a courteous and professionalism manner.
- Prior experience in effectively supervising operations and staff and providing training on the proper application of department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft operating systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to learn specific computer applications used in the Utilities department including H.T.E.
Exceptions to the minimum qualifications must be reviewed by the Human Resources Director and approved by the City Manager prior to job offer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain moderately complex records and prepare standard reports.
- Ability to perform cash handling, including counting change back to customers, while demonstrating general knowledge of cashiering fundamentals and functions in order to apply concepts to practical situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills including the ability to demonstrate good judgement.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize, multi-task, maintain schedules, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, proofreading skills, clear and legible handwriting, and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures (i.e., use of personal computer, printers, telephone system, fax, copier, base station radio, calculator, postage machine and validator machine).
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Work is performed in an office setting and requires visual and muscular dexterity, close vision, hearing sounds/communication, hand/arm movements, handling/grasping/fingering objects and hand/eye coordination for extended periods while sitting, standing, walking, and reaching. Tasks also involve intermittent stopping, kneeling, crouching, bending, step climbing, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
- Work is repetitive by nature and
See job description
For further information, please refer official source from City of Winter Garden on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.