Realty Specialist Job US General Services Administration Portlandby admin on more than 30 days
US General Services Administration Recruitment 2020Description :
- Prepares and maintains current acquisition plans and strategies, as well as appropriate milestone charts and schedules. Identifies customer space requirements. Performs comprehensive market surveys and building inspections to see if the offered space is potentially suited to meet customer requirements.
- Acquires leasehold interests in space for assigned customers with complex space requirements; solicits offers; develops, defines and negotiates lease terms and conditions; performs cost and price analyses of offers; incorporates complex modifications of terms and conditions into lease; and prepares and/or signs approval documents necessary to award the lease. Makes final award determinations and verifies the existence of necessary approvals for funding availability, and awards and executes lease.
- Oversees and enforces leases, modifying complex space provisions to reflect changes in ownership, the amount and configuration of space and types of service received.
- Performs real estate administration functions for space provisions, including changes in the type of services received, enforcement of lease provisions, etc.
- Responsible for data input into several systems to track and administer procurement and billing information (such as GREX, REXUS, OA Tool and others).
- Ensures contractual documents/leasing information and final decisions are properly documented and input into the appropriate system.
May serve as project manager for designated complex realty projects. May lead an interdisciplinary team from GSA (architects, engineers, property managers, and attorneys) and from outside the Agency (lessors, developers, contractors, tenant agency personnel, or other technical personnel), to take the space need from planning and project execution through space delivery. Performs the full range of project management duties, using project management principles and practices and established tools and technology to perform the full range of activities such as project identification, initiation, planning, execution and closeout.
- Analyzes the existing space inventory for available Government-controlled space in satisfying the space requirements customers. Consults and advises the customer in regard to the release and reduction of space.
- Reviews space requests; develops housing strategies, and consults with agencies on their requirements (amount, type, layout and location of space). Works with customers in developing their complex space specifications.
- Coordinates efficient space design and layout through oversight of construction activities related to a customer’s initial space alterations or post-occupancy space alterations.
- Serves as the primary contact and technical representative for complex realty projects and realty matters often coordinating input from other personnel within and outside of GSA.
- Conducts/manages necessary interactions with internal and external stakeholders to develop, oversee, and/or execute solutions for varied customer business and diverse workspace needs.
- Prepares, reviews and approves required legal and contractual documentation as appropriate and authorized.
- Job family (Series)
1170 RealtySimilar jobs
- Building Managers
- Leasing Property Managers
- Managers, Building
- Managers, Leasing Property
- Managers, Property
- Managers, Real Estate
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Register with the Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
Quality Ranking Factors (QRFs) : QRFs are knowledge, skills, and abilities that could be expected to significantly enhance performance in a position, but are not essential for satisfactory performance. Applicants who possess such KSA's may be ranked above those who do not, but no one may be rated ineligible solely for failure to possess such KSA's . The Quality Ranking Factor for this position is the ability to acquire and maintain a warrant, which includes formal training, experience (on the job training) and a minimum of 24 semester hours (or equivalent) of business college coursework or a bachelor’s degree.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
The GS-9 salary range starts at $57,955 (for Auburn) and $56,459 (for Portland) per year.
To qualify, you must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-7, OR master's or equivalent graduate degree, OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, OR LL.B. or J.D., if related.
Specialized experience is defined as assisting with performing procurement transactions by researching, interpreting and applying standard real estate or procurement laws, regulations, and practices. This experience must demonstrate performing the following tasks:
- Acquisition of space, services and/or supplies which includes preparing real estate contracts or other types of contracts;
- Participating in market surveys or performing market research;
- Coordinating project assignments using project management tools;
- Gathering information for cost and price analyses for procurement transactions and;
- Reviewing contracting documents within acquisition systems.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills for ALL GRADES
It is preferred that you have:
- completed bachelor's degree
- or completion of at least 24 semester hours (or equivalent) of business coursework.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htmlAdditional information
Bargaining Unit status: AFGE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to acquire and maintain a leasing warrant as well as complete all requirements for the appropriate GSA Leasing Certification Program which includes formal training, experience and completion of either a bachelor's degree or completion of at least 24 semester hours (or equivalent) of business coursework.
- Knowledge of real estate guidelines concerning lease scoring and issues surrounding capital lease vs. operating leases; knowledge of broker services contracts, technical services contracts, and how the services are ordered, administered and paid; knowledge of contract administration techniques to evaluate contractor proposals and prepare pre-negotiation strategies.
- Advanced negotiating skills to plan and contract for complex acquisitions involving numerous issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of a wide range of real estate principles, concepts and practices and market conditions and industry standards to acquire and manage space and provide guidance to customers on realty matters to acquire space and/or oversee broker-handled realty actions.
- Knowledge of acquisition manuals, regulation guides, and other documents involved in planning and managing complex realty projects and/or highly specialized leases.
- Knowledge of cost and price analysis to forecast costs and evaluate prices; to determine best business strategies; and to perform negotiations involving complex financial arrangements or conditions.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and balance all technical aspects of multiple complex projects with a wide range of variables and independently determine and execute the appropriate sequence of required tasks to fulfill customer agency needs.
- Skill in performing extensive coordination for matters involving sensitive issues, special and diverse customer needs, frequently changing requirements or unanticipated changes in requirements.
- Knowledge of space management principles, techniques, and regulations to monitor agencies’ use of space and/or manage federal space, analyze space needs, and plan major space reorganization and alterations to accommodate changing tenant requirements.
- Skill in applying quantitative and qualitative analysis in order to create solutions to solve complex real estate management problems.
- Skill in communicating effectively orally and in writing concerning a wide range of complex realty matters.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
OtherDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
Current or Former Political Appointees: Submit SF-50.
If you are claiming veterans preference:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are claiming 10-point preference, submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214: (1) completed SF-15 form; and (2) proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
If you are active duty military- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
College transcripts: Your transcripts must show a, b, and c:
(a) Proof of recent graduate status (within past 2 years or on track to graduate by DATE; or within past 6 years if you were prevented from applying due to your military service)
(b) Name of your college or university
(c) Date your degree was awarded
If you are currently pursuing a graduate degree, but you are claiming Recent Graduate eligibility based on a previous degree, you must also include those transcripts.
If you completed your education outside of the U.S., see Foreign Education information for guidance on what we can accept.
If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Are you a graduating student or a recent grad? Join our Pathways Recent Graduate Program! You will serve as a Realty Specialist in a developmental position designed to progressively develop and train you in real estate principles and techniques.
Location of position: Public Buildings Service, Leasing Division, Auburn, WA and Portland, OR.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed. Location to be determined upon selection.
Occasional travel - Less than 10%.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Recent graduates
Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Recent Graduates: If you completed a qualifying degree within the previous two years, you may apply. If you are a veteran who was prevented from applying during the 2-year period due to your military service, you may apply if your degree was completed within the last 6 years. Enrolled students: If you will complete your degree requirements within 30 days from the closing date of this vacancy, you may apply
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to US General Services Administration e-recruitment website with link as follow :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Realty Specialist Portland August 2020 US General Services Administration above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Portland below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.