Food Service Worker FT/40 Hrs/Rotating Shift Job Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Livoniaby admin on July 25, 2020
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- The Food Service Worker is responsible for all aspects of cafeteria and/or patient tray line maintenance.
- Duties include but not limited to: stocking of all condiments, paper products, china, silverware, serving trays, individual beverages, salad bar, baked goods section, coffee preparation, and occasional serving of food behind the counter.
- The Food Service Worker is expected to assist in the dish room, as needed, with loading dirty dishes, unloading clean dishes, washing and sanitizing food carts, sorting clean silverware and putting away/stocking clean dishes/utensils.
- Additional sanitation responsibilities include but are not limited to taking out the trash in the cafeteria and kitchen areas.
- She/he is also responsible for ensuring the highest quality of services to all customers.
- Possesses good organizational skills necessary for ensuring café and/or patient trayline work stations are always neat, clean and equipped properly to start on time.
- Utilizes food service knowledge and skills necessary to serve correct portions of food consistency and in a neat manner.
- The Food Service Worker is responsible for keeping a clean work area free from dust, dirt and spills and maintaining its cleanliness throughout their entire shift.
- Responds to changes in the workload in a positive and helpful manner.
- Demonstrates good time management skills by reducing non-essential interruptions to a minimum in order to complete priority tasks first.
- Works in an independent manner and requests assistance when necessary, stays productive.
- EducationHigh School degree or equivalentPreferred
- Hospital and/or food service experience desired
- Requires physical and cognitive ability to travel throughout hospital complex and grounds.
- Occasional exposure to swings in temperature, fumes and chemicals.
- Work performed in kitchen with moderate noise levels.
- Standing for a long period of time on hard floor.
's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.