Food Service Associate II Job EdwardElmhurst Health Elmhurstby admin on September 30, 2020
EdwardElmhurst Health Recruitment 2020Description :
JOB SUMMARY: The Food Service Assistant is responsible for assembly and serving meal trays to patients in an efficient and timely manner. He/she is responsible for picking up soiled trays and recording patient intake/calorie count data. This position functions as part of the team that insures safe and fresh delivery of foods and services to patients as well as customers in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to proper safety/sanitation standards, maintains a clean work area at all times.
- Uses standardized recipes to prepare daily menu items for patients, café meals, and catered items, maintain proper food temperatures and follows labeling protocol.
- Follows daily production guidelines as directed by management.
- Responsible for assembling patient trays, assuring that all items correspond to the tray ticket in accordance with the department guidelines, as assigned.
- Assures delivery of patient trays within timeframe established by the department
- Delivers between meal nourishments and tube feedings directly to patient/patient room, and maintains floor stocks and coffee makers in nourishment rooms.
- Retrieves patient tray after each meal from patient rooms in a timely manner.
- Consistently records accurate information on fluid and food intake for I&O record and calorie counts.
- Responsible for all catered events; including the timely set up of all food items, attractive service and clean up/retrieval. May be required to work special functions as needed or assigned by management.
- Operates cash register and adheres to established cash handling procedures as assigned.
- Mediates patient concerns regarding meal service assuming the role of patient advocate regarding food services and taking ownership of a problem and assuring a positive outcome.
- Communicates with coworkers and other departments effectively regarding patient support issues, requests and other special situations.
- Technology: operates computers, room service software, Meditech, patient electronic record and tracking system, printers, phones, texting equipment, etc.
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of Patient’s Protected Health information.
- Requisitions necessary food and supplies, maintaining established par levels in their related work area.
- Assists Inventory Control Tech as assigned by management
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year food service experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
License/Cert: State of Illinois Food Handler Training Certificate Program (ANSI Accredited) required prior to start of employment.
Why join Edward-Elmhurst?
includes three hospitals — Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital, and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health — and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. provides comprehensive healthcare at over 100 locations in the suburbs of Chicago. Our success has always been — and always will be — driven by our most talented, reliable, compassionate and skilled people, who genuinely believe in delivering top quality care to our patients and their families. At , you will also experience a vibrant culture and an atmosphere of nurturing support and leadership.
Be DRIVEN to join our over 8,000 employees, 1,700 staff physicians and 1,800 volunteers who want to provide safe, seamless and personalized care every day for our patients, our families and our communities.
Benefits offered by include
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Fitness center membership
- Plus many other Employee Perks
Location: · FOOD SVCS-HOSP CAFE
Schedule: Registry, Days/Evenings, 3:00pm-7:30p
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.