Payroll Specialist Job Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schoolsby admin on more than 30 days
Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools Recruitment 2020Description :
- Job ID: 3304875
Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Re-posted: July 21, 2020
- High school diploma, including accounting courses.
- Associate degree in accounting, preferred.
- Prior work experience in payroll operations
- Appropriate skill in operating office equipment, such as, but not limited to: ten-key calculator, mainframe computer workstation, microcomputers, and accompanying printers.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Receive time sheets and prepares payrolls as required by district policy, ensuring accuracy, validity, timeliness, and appropriate distribution procedures. Payroll data from schools is pulled electronically and verified for accuracy. Paychecks must be prepared timely for distribution according to published pay date schedules.
- Create payroll assignments and payroll deductions for all new employees on the monthly payroll.
- Assist employees who have paycheck questions or concerns by visit, mail, email or telephone call in timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain a record of staff leaves and absences for employees on the monthly payroll.
- Verify all amounts before and after checks are machine processed.
- Maintain proper security and confidentiality of payroll office information and records
- Input all deductions and garnishments for all monthly paid employees
- Update all payroll changes or resignations for the monthly payroll
- Process all co-curricular and athletic stipend payments according to contractual agreements
- Pay longevity payments according to district policies and procedures
- Finalize payments to employees who terminate or retire including payout of annual leave, state longevity, and bonus pay. Payout accrued payments for 11th and 12th month payments.
- Calculate and distribute salaries for the unemployment report and annual payment.
- Calculate, input, and pay ABC Bonus Pay to eligible employees.
- Process accrued salary payments in June and July.
- Create payroll assignments for summer school teachers and pay according to the district summer payroll schedule.
- Review and assist with clearing salary audit exceptions.
- Assist the Benefits Specialist position with researching and resolving employee benefit payment issues.
- Assist other departments with requests for salary data such as average salaries.
- Properly informs the Budget and Finance Director/Chief Accountant of circumstances requiring attention due to noncompliance of standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the monthly and annual account analysis process.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Budget and Finance Director/Chief Accountant.
- Maintain a filing system for payroll documents for monthly employees.
- Job Category: Support Staff > Accounting/Bookkeeping
Job Title: Payroll Specialist – Monthly Payroll
Salary: $18.96 per hour
Benefits: Full benefits including paid holidays, sick leave, annual leave, holiday pay, health insurance and retirement.
Reports to: Budget and Finance Director/Chief Accountant
Job Goal: To produce a Monthly payroll that is accurate and timely
(This may not include all the tasks which may be found in this position)
Terms of Employment: Twelve-month position. Salary in accordance with the adopted schedule (Grade 680)
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually in
accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Position Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact InformationErika Newkirk 750 S. Merritt Mill Road Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.