Laboratory Assistant Non-cert Job Lutheran Medical Center Wheat Ridgeby admin on more than 30 days
Lutheran Medical Center Jobs 2020Description :
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Laboratory Assistant.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You’re equally comfortable with patient care, communication with patients and family members, and phlebotomy in a hospital environment.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of , a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Lab Assistant you need to know how to:
- Perform specimen procedures and collection procedures as required. Perform venipuncture for adults, children and infants, including micro-collection techniques as required.
- Receive and enter orders as appropriate. Enter patient data in test requisitions. Receive, label and deliver specimens. Process specimens for send out to referral laboratories. Monitor computer errors and maintenance of hardware. Enter results for referred specimens. Research and resolve any questionable patient orders.
- Perform and review tests for accuracy and completeness. Assist in maintaining the laboratory section to CLIA, CAP and Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements. Perform proficiency testing as required by accreditation agencies.
- Document and communicate information thoroughly and accurately. Utilize equipment according to departmental guidelines, maintaining all equipment as per guidelines. Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained in appropriate working order. Evaluate and utilize inventory appropriately, assist with inventory control as needed.
- Assist with maintaining filing systems of slides, blocks, specimens, reports, requisitions. Prepare reagents and chemicals as needed.
- Utilize clerical skills to perform job functions with minimal errors. Handle specimens/slides/logs/work lists appropriately and with confidentiality. Assist with point of care testing, reception, front desk, and phlebotomy duties as assigned. Assist/perform patient registration duties as assigned. Process and prepare specimens for screening. Appropriately utilize stains, fixative and reagents.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area. Dispose of waste appropriately. Clean bench areas and equipment. Restock supplies as appropriate. Maintain the washroom and perform washroom functions as appropriate.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Current Certified Medical Lab Assistant (CLMA) or Medical Lab Assistant (ASCP) certification, preferred
- Prior laboratory work experience, preferred (on-the-job training is available)
Now that you know more about being a Lab Assistant on our team we hope you’ll join us. At you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Lutheran Medical Center on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.