Housekeeping Assistant Specialist I Job Northwestern Medicine Chicagoby admin on October 3, 2020
Northwestern Medicine Jobs 2020Description :
- Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
- Shift: Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday only, 7:00 AM3:30 PM
- Location: Feinberg/Galter, FL BS
The Housekeeping Assistant Specialist I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Under the direction of the supervisor of Environmental Services, assists the supervisor in the orientation of new departmental personnel assigned to insure completeness.
- Performs general and heavy cleaning of operating rooms, public areas offices and patient rooms.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces, damp mops hard surface floors.
- Assists the supervisor in orientating new housekeeping assistants to the department.
- Performs general and heavy cleaning duties in offices, patient rooms, clean and soiled utility rooms, laboratories, public areas, and stairways such as washing floors, walls, furniture, bed etc., with the appropriate hospital approved chemicals.
- Use ladders and scaffolds as necessary.
- Cleans window sills, empties ashtrays and waste baskets.
- Cleans blood and body fluids.
- Cleans and arranges furniture in patient's rooms, baths, offices, waiting and other public areas as assigned.
- Cleans bath tubs, sinks, mirrors, toilets and replaces supplies as required.
- While generally assigned to a specific area, may be dispatched to other areas as needs dictate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Refinish floors, applying appropriate surface coatings.
- Operates electrical and battery operated machines for scrubbing, shampooing and burnishing.
- Moves furniture as directed and assists in freight moving.
- Washes walls, blinds, lights and similar surface areas and hangs drapes.
- Maintains and cleans equipment.
- Upon completion, returns equipment to assigned location (i.e. equipment storeroom, Janitor's closet).
- Keeps janitor's closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Performs all heavy duty mopping and cleaning.
- Cleans washes, polishes and scrubs floor using electric scrubbing machine, wet vacuum and/of buffer.
- Applies floor finish as directed.
- Empties trash chutes and cleans waste containers.
- Advises supervisor of unsanitary, unsafe or otherwise unsatisfactory conditions and defective or damaged fixtures, furniture or equipment.
- Collects trash and debris in rooms, halls and stairways.
- Removes and compacts general waste and recycling materials.
- Upon completion of compacting, returns the blade to an in position.
- Properly disposes of bio-hazardous waste.
- Moves all heavy furniture and equipment.
- Cleans rolling stock furniture, hospital equipment and related items.
- Strips, refinishes and/or shampoos all types of floor surfaces and coverings.
- Transports hospital property from area to area or building to building.
Properly utilize the Bed Tracking system.
- Log into the computer at the start of the shift.
- Upon commencement of the cleaning, process move the dirty bed, clean next bed, or a stat bed into the In Progress category.
- Once completed, move the bed into the "Bed Ready" category.
- Log out at the end of the shift.
- Strips unit upon discharge, terminally clean patient room and prepares for admission. This includes the use of a tent card and a toilet seat strip.
- Perform all in between case cleaning in the ORs, terminally clean all ORs and clean all LDRs after each delivery.
- Return all keys and pagers.
- Flexibility in working with cross-section of hospital personnel.
- Cooperative attitude and appreciation of the meaning of service essential to success.
Not in Patient Care Giver Role
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Sufficient to understand oral instructions.
- One or two years of experience
For further information, please refer official source from Northwestern Medicine Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Northwestern Medicine, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.