Driving Instructor Full Time Job United Safety Council Orlandoby admin on July 9, 2020
United Safety Council Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Company Name: United Safety Council
Title of Position: Driver Education Instructor
Position Type: Full-Time / 30-40 hours per week / must have flexible availability 7 days a week; Saturdays and Sundays a must
Pay Rate: $17/hr
Location: 1505 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
The United Safety Council is searching for Driver Education Instructors to provide behind-the-wheel driver education to our community! Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Founded by concerned citizens in 1953, the United Safety Council, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established to make the roads safer. With classrooms and driving ranges throughout Central Florida, 20 driver education vehicles, entire departments devoted to workplace safety and behavioral modification programs, and more than 100 instructors, the United Safety Council has become the premier safety training agency.
- The instructor will train a student to operate a motor vehicle with practical instruction – through demonstration and verbal instruction.
- Practical instruction shall include the demonstration of all driving maneuvers required to pass the state motor vehicle road test.
- All instructors shall ascertain, before giving driving instruction, that the student possesses a learner's permit or restricted license.
- Instructor will ensure no one, other than the students, be present in the vehicle while teaching a lesson. Exception: an Interpreter, if needed.
- Instructor must advise FSC of their availability to instruct – dates and times –at least one month prior to the start of any lessons.
- Instructors will be on time for all appointments and ensure students receive the required number of hours of instruction.
- Instructor is required to document mileage for each lesson.
- Instructor will carry a State of Florida Drivers license and a Commercial Driver Instructor license to every lesson.
- Instructor is required to ensure seat belts are used by all during each lesson.
- Instructor must follow all State of Florida traffic laws.
- Instructor will complete all necessary State of Florida paperwork on trained students for recording purposes.
- Instructor will comply with all standards of conduct/work rules.
- High School Diploma or GED. Degree preferred.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Be a legal resident of the State of Florida.
- Complete and pass a State of Florida approved thirty-two (32) hour course, when available. Pass the oral presentation and the written test prepared and administered by the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, Division of Driver Licenses.
- Attend a State approved instructional 8-hour refresher course every five years.
- Possess a valid Florida Driver License.
- A driving record which does not include more than three (3) chargeable accidents or violations during any consecutive three (3) year period.
- No driver's license suspensions for any reason within three (3) years prior to application.
- No driver's license suspensions for any reason two (2) or more times in past five (5) years.
- Not been convicted of a D.U.I. charge within ten (10) years prior to application. This also applies to DUI traffic stops reduced to Reckless Driving – substance or alcohol related.
- Must possess excellent communication skills. Ability to work with over-confident and under-confident students, as well as their parents, guardians, or spouses.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- No addictions to alcoholic beverages or others drugs.
- Not have been convicted, forfeited a bond, pled guilty, or pled nolo contendere to a felony. Please Note: Criminal background checks, including fingerprinting are required.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching.
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Interaction primarily with clients and co-workers.
United Safety Council is a(n):
- Drug-free workplace with smoke-free campuses
- Equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from United Safety Council on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Driving Instructor Full Time Orlando August 2020 United Safety Council above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Orlando below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.