Infection Control Practitioner Job Providence Health amp Services Tarzanaby admin on more than 30 days
Providence Health & Services Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Providence is calling an Infection Control Practitioner (Full Time/Day Shift) to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Promote patient, physician, customer and employee satisfaction by personal example, treating all contacts with respect.
- Maintains required applicable licensure, certification and education.
- Assist IP manager to conduct investigations of unusual trends or communicable disease outbreaks in the hospital and report investigation results to seek consultation from the Infection Control Chair as appropriate.
- Participate in building construction and renovation planning, design and monitoring of construction projects related to infection control. Completes Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) on all construction projects. Conducting routine rounds at construction areas to ensure compliance with ICRA. Ensuring all ICRA are up to date and checking ICRAs are posted at the construction sites.
- Report notifiable conditions, as required by state law, to the appropriate health department as directed by IP Manager.
- Conduct environmental rounds for monitoring of Infection control practices. Communicate environmental rounds findings to appropriate managers. Assist managers as needed in the development of corrective action plans.
- Assist in evaluation, selection and procurement of safety and infection control equipment and materials
- Review Infection Prevention Policies and department-specific infection related policies at least every three (3) years, unless otherwise specified. Remains current with regulatory guidelines and standards related to infection prevention.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with nursing departments, surgical services, clinical support services, laboratory, and ancillary departments regarding patients with infections and those at greatest risk for HAIs and epidemiological issues within the community.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a school of Public Health with a degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology, Clinical Laboratory science, Medical Technology, or related field.
- 2 or more years of experience in hospital infection control.
- Current LA City Fire Card within 30 days of hire.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC-preferred) or ability to obtain CIC within one year of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Nurse with Infection Control background.
- MD with Infection Control background.
- Current California RN License, Epidemiologist, or MD.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women’s Pavilion & Resource Center provides women’s health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivilegedall with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefitssee our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Infection Prevention Nursing
Req ID: 260272
For more detail information, please refer official source from Providence Health & Services on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.