Assistant General Manager Job Applebee #039 s | The Bloomin’ Apple Forsythby admin on more than 30 days
It all started in 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia
Bill and TJ Palmer opened the restaurant that would later become Applebee’s. We’ve grown up a lot since then, with almost 2,000 locations in the U.S. and around the world. Here you will always be welcome – for delicious food, in a neighborhood setting, with attentive service, at a great value.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Manages Restaurant Environment
- Ensures prompt friendly service according to company guidelines.
- Directs overall activities and performance of associates on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Builds a culture using the Vision/Mission Statement to guide teamwork, results, integrity, passion for service, fun, balance, innovation, and being guest driven.
- Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints by self and staff. Refers all verbal and written guest complaints to General Manager.
- Ensures guest contact as a priority with self and staff utilizing a target goal of 100% table visitation.
- Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift to shift basis.
- Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
- Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards.
- Effectively schedules associates to meet sales demands.
- Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
- Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager of needed repairs.
- Advises General Manager of any non-routine situations.
- Communicates with other managers daily through management log and shift change meetings.
- Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
2. Manages Associate Performance
- Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
- Promotes A.S.I. training procedures of new managers.
- Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, associate meetings, and implementation of company policy.
- Determines job assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Develops an environment of constant development of managers including informal shift reviews and participates in the development of written evaluations every six months.
- Assesses the effectiveness of associates, provides candid and fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with associates on their areas of development.
- Conducts thorough Selecting Service Performers interviews.
- Demonstrates proper execution of training systems as outlined by the company while emphasizing the importance of training to management and associates.
- Monitors acceptable associate performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action.
- Assures compliance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Acts as coach to all associates.
3. Maintain Controls
- Control costs in assigned department.
- Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
- Complies with all cash handling procedures.
- Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the General Manager’s request and is accountable for completion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting accurate daily paperwork to the General Manager.
- Is responsible to the General Manager for the development of Managers and Key Hourly Associates.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork from associates by building a culture derived from The Bloomin’ Apple Mission/Vision Statement.
- Is guest obsessed and promotes the team to be.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Completes all assignments and duties properly and on schedule.
- Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
- Provides a role model for managers and associates.
- Exhibits a professional image.
- Develops self on all store related technology.
- Must be physically able to work at any duty station in the kitchen or service area when needed on a temporary basis and operate cash register as appropriate.
- Must be required to lift objects up to 40 pounds on occasion.
The Bloomin’ Apple on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.