Shift Safety Officer Job EmbryRiddle Daytona Beachby admin on November 1, 2020
EmbryRiddle Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining security and safety of campus personnel (students, faculty, staff, contractors, etc.) and property by patrolling and securing buildings, checking building security, safeguarding property, monitoring access control, and responding to emergency conditions.
- Conducting investigations of incidents or conditions of safety and security relevance. Completing thorough and accurate reports and department paperwork in a timely manner.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and policies on campus in a professional, courteous manner.
- Providing services for campus personnel such as escorts, special watches and information. Acting as campus liaison after university business hours.
- Providing assistance at special events.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to write legibly, speak clearly, and manage multiple and sometimes stressful tasks (involving radio, phone, and personal communications) at the same time.
- A pre-employment drug screening is required and candidate is subject to random drug screening during employment period.
- Prior law enforcement, military police, public safety or emergency services experience is desirable.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Ability to ascend several flights of stairs in a building emergency.
- Ability to walk quickly or run from one portion of campus to another.
- Must be able to walk or stand during the course of a shift when required.
- Must be able to sit, in confined space, for extended periods of time.
- Much of the Shift Safety Officer’s time will be spent outdoors monitoring campus safety and thus will be subject to weather conditions at the Daytona Beach, FL location.
- Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidate must have a background free of felony convictions, crimes of violence or moral turpitude. Qualified candidates must also have a clean driving record, a valid Florida driver’s license, and "D" license from State Division of Licensing. Each candidate has to meet the University's standards for approved drivers. Unacceptable driving records may include the following (for three years from the date of each occurrence):
- More than 3 moving violations and/or accidents in three years.
- More than 2 moving violations and/or accidents in any year.
- A major conviction in the last three years, including (but not limited to) driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless driving, and/or homicide or assault by motor vehicle.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Daytona Beach Job: Safety and Security Education Level: High School Diploma / GED Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full-time Shift: Evening Travel: No Job Posting: Oct 28, 2020, 8:33:40 AM
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.