Medical Secretary/Technician Job Vision Source Optique Blue Bellby admin on October 8, 2020
Vision Source Optique Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Medical Secretary/Technician Needed
Are you a “Jack of all Trades?” Can you multi-task while continuing to have a smile on your face? OR maybe love to geek out on science/medical marvel TV shows until way past your bedtime? Then we want to talk to you about our Medical Secretary/Technician position.
Our busy optical practice needs a Medical Secretary/Technician to help us give patients a 5-star experience every time they’re here. This is a part-time position with a schedule of approximately 13 hours a week at our office in Blue Bell.
What you’ll be doing as a Medical Secretary/Technician:
As a Medical Secretary/Technician, you’re the “nurse” of the Eye Care practice. You’ll be handing a lot of the important work that goes on to set the doctor and the patient up for success. As the first person to work with each patient during their appointment, you’ll be the one that calms their nerves, gets them in a great mood, and shows them that we are there to serve them in every way we can!
This role will allow you to be an intricate part of our patient’s care as you then assist them with finding eyewear that not only makes the look GREAT but seeing GREAT as well! Our goal is to make sure our patients and their families understand how important healthy eyesight is for everyone from our youngest to our most senior patients and seeing their eyewear as an extension of their personality.
Some of your duties will include:
- Taking the patient back to the exam room and verifying their medical history
- Spending time with each patient before the doctor comes in, performing duties such as measuring retinal function, peripheral vision, and retinal thickness; and taking retinal photographs. (You’ll be using the same type of instruments NASA uses on the space station!)
- Taking notes for the doctor during the patient’s exam.
- Ordering proper tests based on the doctor’s diagnoses.
- Consistent cross-training for optimal career growth
- Properly coding procedures so everything gets paid by the patient’s insurance.
- Helping people pick out frames that suit them based on the shape of their face, bridge fit, lifestyle, and prescription.
- Determining the best lens types, materials, coatings, and brands for patients’ lifestyles. For example, a kid who plays basketball will need something different from someone who works on a computer all day.
- Educating first-timers on how to use and take care of their glasses and contacts
- Checking new glasses for fit and making adjustments
- Miscellaneous repairs
- Billing insurance
- Troubleshooting prescription issues
Why this job is more than a job
In Eye Care, we change people’s lives. We help grandma and grandpa keep their independence by saving their eyesight. We help kids get better grades because they can finally see the board! We prevent devastating traffic accidents, allow parents to take in every detail on their children’s faces, and help people enjoy a higher quality of life – because life is so much better when you can SEE. If you want a career where you can directly impact the well-being of your community, this is it!
No Experience Needed!
Prior medical office experience is a plus, but it’s certainly not required. We offer paid training to the right person with a great attitude, a helpful heart, and a love of learning! We will make sure you’re totally confident working with the equipment and patients before you start handling these tasks alone. We won’t throw you to the wolves!
Skills required – If these sound like you, please apply!
- You can make anybody feel comfortable, from squirmy little kids to great-grandmothers... and everyone in between.
- You’ve got the perfect balance of patience and efficiency.
- You’re insanely detail-oriented – Even Santa is jealous of your “making a list and checking it twice” skills.
- You LOVE to learn and master new skills quickly.
- You’re famous for doing what you say you’re going to do – no excuses!
- You take pride and ownership in everything you do – whatever you do, you do it well.
- You see yourself as an integral part of your team’s success (because we will).
is a patient-centric optical practice in Blue Bell, PA. We love to come to work every day because we love what we do, and we’ve built an office culture that can’t be beat. If you’re looking to join a team that feels like a family, where your efforts will always be appreciated, and where you will be valued for the amazing person you are, apply now!
Powered by JazzHR
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Vision Source Optique on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.