Courier Job OneBlood Orlandoby admin on more than 30 days
OneBlood Jobs 2020Description :
Schedule: Candidate must be available to work ThursdayMonday with a flex start time of either 3pm or 5pm and an end time of either 11:30pm or 1:30am.
Training Schedule: MondayFriday 8am to 4:30pm for a period of 5+ days. Responsibilities: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Efficiently and accurately transport unprocessed/processed blood and blood products, campus mail, supplies and medical equipment utilizing assigned vehicle (van/small truck)
- Practice safe driving skills during transport; adhere to all driving regulations
- Load and unload vehicles practicing safe techniques with lifting, pushing and pulling
- Deliver inventory to specified points within a designated route (may include branches, hospitals, field trip sites, headquarters, & mobile units); may be required to deliver (travel with) packages utilizing public transportation in emergency situations (e.g. airline, bus, train etc.)
- Keep log of items received and delivered; document daily activities as required
- Conduct basic safety/readiness checks of assigned vehicle prior to departure per SOP; report any problems or mechanical issues
- Work as back-up on-call driver for other shifts or routes as needed
- Notify supervisor of any concerns, issues and/or delays
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent. Six months to one year route delivery experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS: Current and valid driver’s license in good standing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and drive vehicle for extended periods of time
- Ability to drive city streets and freeways safely; determine most efficient routes
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Knowledge of proper handling of blood and blood products
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to perform tasks effectively utilizing digital technology and communication tools (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work and may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of heavy objects or materials (up to 100 pounds). Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment.
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to OneBlood e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.