Registered Nurse- (Utilization Management) Job US Department of Veterans Affairs Harlingenby admin on November 25, 2020
US Department of Veterans Affairs Recruitment 2020Description :
- Establishes work priorities to accomplish Utilization Management assignments timely.
- Collects patient data using different modalities including interview and systematic review of records.
- Completes and documents applicable Nursing Notes in the electronic health record in a timely manner and closes encounters by the end of tour of duty daily.
- Utilizes InterQual criteria for LTAC and IRU to facilitate appropriate care and ensure ideal utilization of resources. Consults with PUMA or designee when a patient does not meet criteria.
- Promotes use of warm hand-off communication for care coordination to other levels of care (multidisciplinary) resources.
- Functions as a systems coordinator, monitors progress and intervenes as necessary to ensure that patient outcomes are achieved within anticipated timeframes. Monitors progress along clinical pathways, analyzes variations and initiates appropriate actions.
- Job family (Series)
0610 NurseSimilar jobs
- Nurses, Psychiatric
- Psychiatric Nurses
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- 2-3 years Case Management experience
- 2-3 years Discharge planning
- InterQual Proficient- LTAC/Rehab experience
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level IAn Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level IIAn ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level IIIAn ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse IIA BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse IIIMaster's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Physical Requirements: SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Activities may require prolonged standing, extensive walking, bending, pushing/pulling and lifting, transport of stretchers, and beds, with or without patients; assistance in moving anesthetized patients may be required. In patient clinic area, hazards include risk of exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substance, electrical hazards and risk of physical
injury associated with patient with the potential to lose control or irrational behavior. The following physical requirements include but are not limited to the following: Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds; Moderate carrying, 15-44 pounds; Straight pulling ( hours); Pushing ( hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking ( hours); Standing ( hours); Repeated bending ( hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Hearing (aid may be permitted). Environmental Factors: Outside and inside; Working alone; Working closely with others; exposure to infected patients; contaminated materials; exposure to patients who are combative secodary to delirium, dementia, or
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.Additional information
If your school has changed names, or is no longer in existence, you must provide this information in your application.
If your school was accredited by CCNE, AACN at the time of graduation but is no longer listed on the CCNE, AACN website, you must provide documentation of accreditation with your application packet.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
NOTE: Candidate's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Experience as an RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
OtherDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
VA Form 10-2850aApplication for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's (current/former Federal employees), etc.
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- VA Form 10-2850c, should be completed within 90 days.
- Other (2)
- Other (3)
- Performance Appraisal
- Professional Certification
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Thr RN (Utilization Management) demonstrates proficiency in advanced and highly technical skills necessary for the Utilization Management Program, specifically related to documentation review for accuracy of codes, diagnoses, procedures and care of patients.
The duties for the RN (Utilization Management) include but are not limited to the following duties:
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday 0800-1630.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Travel Required
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position, less than 10%.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from US Department of Veterans Affairs on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.